Trying to get to the bottom of this

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Watereddown on February 17th, 2014, 1:20 am

Hey everybody!

I hope everyone is managing.

Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking, trying to decipher everything and trying to get to the root of it all. Unlike many, my initial symptom was not twitches but instead, tingling. I woke up to tingling in my left hand and left foot. The tingling in my left hand went away after a few hours but the tingling in my left foot stayed for about a week. Of course, initially I was absolutely terrified of MS. But after 5 neuro's and a clean MRI, I am trying not to think that way anymore.

However, the more I think about my initial symptoms, the more I'm beginning to piece it all together. I have two disc herniations in my lumbar spine, l4/l5 and l5/s1, and of course, sciatica down my left leg. 2 weeks before the tingling, I went to an amusement park where I rode a bunch of rides (pretty stupid with my bad back) and had an extremely bad case of whiplash on one specific ride where I hit my head on the coaster in front of me before hitting the back of my head on the head rest. I don't know if this was the source for the tingling, or if this is what has sparked everything for me, but I do know before I went on all those rides, I did not have any neurological symptoms.

I guess my question here would be, can whiplash on that ride have caused all of this? One of my neuro's is hell bent that the reason I felt the tingling is from my sciatic nerve, and he has ruled MS out.

It's been hard for me to accept this because lately my symptoms have been ramped up to the fullest. The muscle twitches have been relentless, and now, I've been having dizzy spells for the last week or so. I'm getting so frustrated by all of this.

I'm doing a food sensitivity test tomorrow (300 freakin dollars) and I really doubt its gonna show anything.

Opinions are much appreciated!
Watereddown

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group