Weight Loss

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Weight Loss

Postby DrissShafi on February 2nd, 2014, 8:25 pm

Hi All,

My name is Driss an I am a 21 y/o female. I have had these BFS twitches since I was young, probably 14/15, so there are not news to me. However, I go years without having these twitches.

When I first started having them I found it was when I was trying to fix my diet and get more exercise, and whenever I'd go for long walks with my parents, I'd have my thighs popping for like 30 min afterward.

Now I am an adult, and I am a bit overweight (160 lbs, should be 140 lbs), so I went on low carb diet, and w/o exercise I had HUGE twitches. However, when I eat carbs and do a diet, I still have moderate amount of twitching. When I am not dieting and am eating to my BMR or more, I have no twitches at all.

Does caloric deficiency cause twitches? I know you all might say it is nutritional deficiency but I eat a lot more nutritional stuff when I diet, a lot of salad, lean meats, vitamins, basically I eat VERY healthy when I diet. But when I am regularly not dieting, I eat crap basically, a lot of take out, curries and the sort.

I'd say when I diet I eat 1300-1500 cal a day and when I do not I eat 2200-2500 a day.

Are the twitches b/c I'm eating less calories? I do not want to exacerbate these symptoms and stress my nerves/body more. :D
DrissShafi

Re: Weight Loss

Postby edado69 on February 3rd, 2014, 10:27 am

I have never noticed this relationship.
Fasciculating from the 25/03/2007 (as accurately as I can recall!...)
edado69
Saint
Saint

Postby DoubleD on February 3rd, 2014, 12:07 pm

i believe food/dieting/...........can play a part in twitching because of food allergies, calorie adjustments, trans fats, SUGAR.......

But it is no big deal. twitching is a system wide syndrome. Food affects our body in many different ways so it makes sense that it affects twitching

eveyones metabolism is different.

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management