OMG - the real thing! Its over!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

OMG - the real thing! Its over!

Postby fox2run on January 27th, 2014, 5:41 am

Yeah. It wasnt bfs - it was the real thing. I thought I was clear. But I wasnt. Im now in a wheelchair waiting for the next muscle-group to die.... You just cant trust those experts... All those emgs and neuros for nothing... Only bad luck in this life... :cry:

Got ya!

It was a well placed irony, becourse I know whats inside your heads. Its called fear and it wont let you go until you work with it. I did. And I made it out of this mess you are all in. And actually I cant remember how long time my BFS has been in my body anymore. Somewhere from 5-7 years. So - it IS possible to get a life back. But seek professional help to:

1) trust the doctors (they ARE correct almost always)
2) understand that fear is stress-related (and muscle-twisting too)
3) to live a normal life with annoying but not deadly symptoms that WILL differ the rest of your life.
4) understand that you have anxiety for illness and have to live a life with this also until you die (in an old age most likely)

Yeah. You maybe find this post a bit harsh - but you need harsh methods. Im physical fine. Running, jumping, playing with kids, bla, bla bla. I lost my marriage and I have never seen such a personal crisis as this, but I fought myself through and I know you can do the same! But please realize you cant do it on your own. You need to find professional help. Psykological help. Its the only way. Once you reach that point you got a chance. Otherwise not.

So tomorrow you should leave this site (and ALSforum as well) and go to your doctor and talk about the options. Maybe theres a therapy-group nearby so you could meet people with the same fears as you. (Golden). Or maybe you could benefit from talks or even medicine (last option in my book).

Good day to all of you terrified poor fellas!

regards

fox2run :wink:
fox2run
Saint
Saint

Re: OMG - the real thing! Its over!

Postby Xina535 on January 27th, 2014, 8:47 am

fox2run wrote:Yeah. It wasnt bfs - it was the real thing. I thought I was clear. But I wasnt. Im now in a wheelchair waiting for the next muscle-group to die.... You just cant trust those experts... All those emgs and neuros for nothing... Only bad luck in this life... :cry:

OMG!! THE WORST PRANK EVER!!! I am at work, reading this new topic and I almost threw up all over my desk. :oops: MEANIE!!!!!

Although, you have very good points there about fear, that is probably the WORST thing I (and I am sure alot of people on here) could ever read.

I am very happy for you that you made it out. I am envious and it is my biggest wish in my life right now to do the same. I am in therapy (hypnotherapy and fear management psychotherapy), so I am hopefully on my way.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby fox2run on January 27th, 2014, 7:28 pm

Yeah, sorry I know.

But the real thing is anxiety nothing else. I met similar people as myself (fear of all kinds of diseseas - ALS - SARS - cancer - you name it). But it was real good as I didnt feel alone for the first time in years. With a little help from psykologists we made it out. It took about three - four months and then the fear left me for good. I have been completely out of fear for year soon. My ALS fear left me for good as well. I wouldnt have done that on my own - so once you realise that, you have a chance. Thats all. This site wont help you at all but spark your fears. Its called "digging a hole" or a bad cycklus: fear - searching for reassurance - sparking more fear - searching for reassurance etc.

But remeber its hard work ahead. Years maybe...

:D
fox2run
Saint
Saint

Postby fox2run on January 27th, 2014, 7:28 pm

Yeah, sorry I know.

But the real thing is anxiety nothing else. I met similar people as myself (fear of all kinds of diseseas - ALS - SARS - cancer - you name it). But it was real good as I didnt feel alone for the first time in years. With a little help from psykologists we made it out. It took about three - four months and then the fear left me for good. I have been completely out of fear for year soon. My ALS fear left me for good as well. I wouldnt have done that on my own - so once you realise that, you have a chance. Thats all. This site wont help you at all but spark your fears. Its called "digging a hole" or a bad cycklus: fear - searching for reassurance - sparking more fear - searching for reassurance etc.

But remeber its hard work ahead. Years maybe...

fox2run
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on January 29th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Wondering how you met people with similar fears? Were you in a clinic or in a support group?
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on January 30th, 2014, 3:31 am

Here is a good bunch of them, Xina :)
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby fox2run on January 30th, 2014, 6:10 am

Perhaps I was very lucky, but in my country theres a new clinic working on this aspect (fear of diseases). And they now what they where doing. In the beginning we all where whining about all kinds of diseases. The psykologists didnt really care about all our deadly stories but worked once a week on our brain-cyklus - our way of thinking. For me it worked very well. I will never be cured but I can live with this crazy fear becourse I have tools to handle it.

In developed countries there must be similar clinics or the like. Just keep in mind it should be professionals in the medical branch. Not some mumbo-jumbo stuff (a lot of that around). The fear you got for ALS is NOT a physical damage but a psykological one. Very simple actually.
fox2run
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on January 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm

Yuliasir, yes! Haha, I know, I meant in real life ;)

Fox2run - what Country are you in? I am in Germany, they have psychosomatic clinics here (with doctors), but I am not sure that is the same thing. It was recommended to me by my previous doctor to check in there. Though, I can't accept that I have psychosomatic disorders, of course.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby fox2run on January 31st, 2014, 4:46 am

Okay. I start all over. You dont have ALS. Ok. That was step nr. 1. The doctors have told you that already, I guess. Step nr. 2 is to make you understand this. This you would not be able to understand unless you got some help on the psykological side of things. Twisting muscles is are normal. It is worse if you got stress, hangovers or after physical exercise. I could - as thousand others on this site - keep writing this to you, but you wouldnt understand it unless you get treated for fear of diseases. Only psykologists can help you with that. Maybe these clinics in Germany now more about which possibilities you got. Talk with your GP, and pls accept that you cant do this on your own. It is the ONLY way out of this. Been there done that. ITs not a shameful thing. A lot of people got this. Its just very, very sad if you dont get the real help as it would ruin your life. It almost ruined me before I got help.

I live in Denmark btw.

fox2run
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on January 31st, 2014, 8:31 am

Xina, but why you can not accept you have common (up to dosens of percent of population) and rather treatable disorder (surely not threating your life) but are so ready to surrender to fears of having rare and practically incurable disorders like ALS?

Having psychosomatic disorder is a) COMMON, b) COMMON, c) COMMON like flu, and the level of stigmatization really should be the same as for flu. Everybody are stressed. just some people get relief in alcoholism or violence, some become social wrecks and we become psychosomatic...

Fox2run is right about the fact that on your own hardly you can overcome fears becasue of the way how stress (chronic one) changes pathways in the brain. YOu just simply can not hear your own voice of reason because you lost it. It could be restored but with the help from outside becasue you would not talk about twitches with the psychologist - you would talk about your FEARS OF TWITCHES, i.e., about your real actual practical disorder.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS