Muscle Spasticity

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Muscle Spasticity

Postby ShawnW on January 26th, 2014, 9:37 pm

anxietyisinme wrote:I'm a 26 year old male. Soon to be 27 in Feb. You can find my first post close to the top of the support group section. It describes my situation and I wouldn't mind if you read and commented on it :)

Even less concerning. 26 years olds getting *** would be something like hitting the cosmic lottery. I don't know the figures off the top of my head but I would bet its less than 1 in a 1,000,000...with your symptoms...and a clean neuro...you are very much ok.

I would really look into anxiety disorders, maybe some therapy and some online resources. There was a site recommended here...don't even remember what it was but 20 minutes of reading helped quite a bit. They said something so simple I was like...huh really? They said when you are triggered....stop...make a healthy choice instead of an anxious choice. When triggered (new symptom)...we can freak out, google our symptoms, lose sleep, stop eating...OR we can tell ourselves we are healthy but anxious...and choose healthy thinking...I'm ok...I'm strong...and do something you enjoy.

What it made me realize is that I am not a victim of my anxiety. I choose it. I have the power not to feed a trigger. I have the power to choose healthy thinking. If I make good choices...I have less mental pain.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby MarioMangler on January 27th, 2014, 12:00 am

The site was probably The Anxiety Centre (anxietycentre.com). That is the site I have been recommending for years.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby ShawnW on January 27th, 2014, 12:39 am

MarioMangler wrote:The site was probably The Anxiety Centre (anxietycentre.com). That is the site I have been recommending for years.

Yeah that's it. So far...like what I have been reading.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS