Intense workouts and a return of bad symptoms after 8 years

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Intense workouts and a return of bad symptoms after 8 ye

Postby ShawnW on January 26th, 2014, 12:28 pm

BFSBurger wrote:Hello yet another fitness enthusiast.

You may find these threads informative. Nobody here knows the true cause of BFS but this is an interesting theory. And should give you some peace of mind.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19394

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19399 (bottom of the page specifically)

-Burger-

This supports some of my suspicions. I believe during high levels of stress...abundant stress hormones the muscle are always on...ready. I believe it's like doing low grade exercises all day long exhausting internal muscle stores. So, then you have an anxious BFS'r testing, retesting odd muscle groups in new ways in an already compromised neuromuscular system. Then new symptoms pop up...muscle fatigue, burning, aching, pain, cramping. Then they are left wondering why do I have these symptoms now...oh my it's progressing. When in fact stress hormones coupled with obsessive testing has compromised an otherwise healthy system.
ShawnW
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Intense workouts and a return of bad symptoms after 8 ye

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS