weird symptoms this month

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

weird symptoms this month

Postby meh on January 23rd, 2014, 5:27 pm

Hi, I am 43 and have had some very weird-scary symptoms this month that I never experienced before. It all started around the third of Jan I was driving home from visiting family over the holidays and noticed a slight tingling in my fingers it went away after a few days but then my toes started tingling very bad it was uncomforatable to put on shoes but this to lasted about three days. After that I noticed twitching between my thumb and forefinger this really freaked me out and I started to have anxiety attacks and felt depressed something that has never happened before.
Then last week I had to do a lot of lifting at work I must have lifted 3-4 dozen 5olb bags of salt into our work truck a few days after that my muscles were extreamly sore more so than normal esp it seemed from my knees down plus I was twitching on both feet even toes, calf muscles, upper left shoulder muscle I really felt fatigued. My hands and lower legs also felt weak it seemed for a couple of days it was harder to pick things up and to write this really freaked me out and made the twitching worse it seems.
I have seen my doctor she gave me a complete nuro exam which I passed no Babinski sighn and she gave me a referral to a neurologist, also a lot of blood work done nothing came up bad from that, the sorness and most of the weak feeling has passed.
Just today while I was at work I noticed something in my neck under my adams apple felt funny so I looked in the mirror and noticed swelling under my adams apple and had a co-worker look at it just to make shure. I went to the doctor-agin....I had a slight high temp and the swelling went down. I had blood taken for thyroid problems and have an ultra sound of my thyroid on Tuesday, plus I have been on Zoloft for a week and a half for the ainxiety which seems to have started to kick in as I am not as paniced as I was last week the twitching is not as bad but still there I still have bouts of deperesion and worring that I have some weird nurological disorder.
Thanks for reading this! Charlie
Last edited by meh on January 24th, 2014, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
meh

Re: weird symptoms this month

Postby Yuliasir on January 24th, 2014, 1:02 am

HI charlie,
'weird' neurological diseases usually diable the victim quite quickly, which is not your case. We all are getting older so if you did not feel sore for 20 years after hard work, maybe you will start to feel a bit now. Winter time is a time for viral infections so having swelling node on the neck is not a big deal considering your blood formula is normal. By the way infection may make your muscle sore and fatigued too before getting a fever etc. one week period is about to fit the picture of infection - soreness, fatigue, inflammation, swollen node.

anxiety disorders (like you describw, frightening out of the blue) usually manifest at earlier age but at early forty it is aslo possible. Men also have hormonal changes, as well as woman, and they may kick up anxiety.

as for your tingling in the hand during drving, it might be commonest tunnel syndrome becasue drivers are in the high risk group due to position of the nad and a lot of exertion they daily put on the wrist. same for toe tingling, it is most probably caused by nerve compression and you may have that times and times before and did not get a second thought to it, but not now.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby meh on January 24th, 2014, 5:18 pm

Hi thanks for your reply Yuliasir, yes i never suffered from anxiety when i was younger this came on rather sudden as i have never noticed symptoms like this as for the tingling your probably right about that i would have usually just shruged it off.
I just wish I did not have this constent twitching in my lower legs-feet and left hand it can be worrisome.
meh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS