chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy

Postby muppetdog on January 22nd, 2014, 3:39 pm

Does anyone have any experience with this, or have they been diagnosed with this? I have read up on it and it seems like a possibility for me.

Today I have migrating pinches, aches, burning, and what feels like strained muscles. It only lasts for a bit but its all over. I have read that with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, you can also have a lot of twitching along with the burning numbness and other paresthesia.

Thanks for any Input. Not really having the best week symptoms wise.

MD
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy

Postby SecretAgentMan on January 22nd, 2014, 5:32 pm

I googled the term and came across this interesting study that looked at gluten sensitivity and neuropathy. The study also specifically mentiones chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy. Anyway, I find it very interesting that they found 34% of their 140 patients with idopathic neuropathy tested positive for gluten antibodies (IgG or IgA). Here's the study if you want to read up on it: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2077388/

I find it interesting because it again shows a strong link to something many people here still try to deny as having any relevance. The fact that it is not a factor for ALL cases of BFS does not exclude it from being a factor for some (and according to this study potentially a third of BFS sufferers).

I'm sorry you're having a rough week. Hang in there.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby muppetdog on January 22nd, 2014, 6:07 pm

Thanks SAM, I will definitely give that a read. I have been gluten free for a pretty long time now, so I am not sure that is it.

Anyone else. I don't want to turn this into a gluten thread :)

Thanks,
MD
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on January 22nd, 2014, 6:20 pm

It's not my intent to hi-jack the thread and go gluten gangster, but like I said the study popped up when I researched your 'chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy' term.

I will just add however that the study seems to miss the bigger picture, and this is not surprising given the minimal attention it gets in the conventional medical realm. Gluten intolerance, or anything else inflammatory for that matter, is just another symptom of something else going on. I would bet a steak dinner that if they were to look at those 34% that a majority if not all of them have heightened intestinal permeability disorder or leaky gut syndrome. There is always a reason our immune system learns to target something as a threat where it previously did not.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. Thanks.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby muppetdog on January 22nd, 2014, 6:23 pm

Thanks man
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor