My rule on how to know your anxiety is in your subconscious

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My rule on how to know your anxiety is in your subconscious

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on January 9th, 2014, 9:28 pm

This is really easy and I am pretty sure it's a black or white statement.

If you wake up and the first thing you think is about twitching or how your body feels, your anxiety is now lodged in your subconscious.

So you know how you "FEEL" like you aren't stressing but the symptoms keep happening. Well, that is because it is in your subconscious.

Very hard to remove once this happens unfortunately. But I believe mantra's are a great way.

Thoughts?
Gamindsoc1509

Re: My rule on how to know your anxiety is in your subconsci

Postby veryworried123 on January 9th, 2014, 9:57 pm

i don't know how to get rid of it but i do not first thing i do and did this morning it think about twitching and all the questions i didn't ask my nero
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on January 9th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Exactly. As far as I am concerned its the best way to tell when the anxiety is now in your subconscious and therefore much more difficult to shake.

As health anxious people, we have plenty of scares however most of them are diffused before they sink in deep. Once in deep your mind is WAY to hyper sensitive to what is going on in your body. You are feeling things you would NEVER normally feel and that's whether you have BFS or not.

Since it sunk deep, I haven't had a day where I haven't though about how I feel when I wake up. Primarily my feet.

I will shake this !
Gamindsoc1509

Postby Watereddown on January 10th, 2014, 3:16 am

This is spot on for me. There hasn't been a morning pass on by where i don't reach for my hands to see if they are numb or to see of my feet are tingling.

I've also noticed my first step or 2 out of bed gives me slight pins and needles in my bottom of my feet...weird
Watereddown

Postby SecretAgentMan on January 10th, 2014, 9:39 am

Great thread! Just remember that the mind does everything gradually. You didn't arrive in the state you are in overnight and you cannot expect to overcome it overnight either. Mantras or affirmations are great tools. So are hypnosis and meditation. Even your beliefs that it will be hard will negatively impact your experience. Slow and steady wins the race though.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on January 10th, 2014, 9:54 am

SecretAgentMan wrote: Slow and steady wins the race though.

Right on!

Beating BFS is a marathon, not a sprint.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby leaflea on January 10th, 2014, 10:21 am

Mantra like chants have helped me a lot in the past month. When I feel my fear or anxiety rise I repeat, sometimes out loud "I had a clean EMG" over and over and over. It helps me fall asleep if I am twitching away when I lie down.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on January 17th, 2014, 1:43 pm

Hi - yes, when I wake up I think, 'Oh no, it wasn't a dream, it's still here....'

My tip:
I have tried a few sessions of hypnosis. The hypnotherapist can talk to your subconcious. He helped me literally spill out negativity and my fears out of my subconcious, visually, into the ocean (in one session for example). I now have an image that my subconcious is a big strong redwood tree with deep, strong roots, and is imbedded in me. It helps me to visualize myself as a big strong tree, bigger than my fear and this stupid benign twitching. It was pretty amazing and I have felt a deep relief. I plan on having more sessions.

Because I've had these few sessions, I can now perform some self hypnosis at home, where I can visualize my tree and speak to my subconcious. I first have to stare at a candle for 10-15 minutes, while listening to a ticking clock and breathing deep (every 4 seconds, breathe in, and breathe out for the next 4 seconds). When that is done, I am relaxed and in somewhat in a trance state. I then read 3 pages of text (provided to me from my hypnotherapist) out loud, which is directed at my subconcious. Statements like, 'I am healthy and my body functions optimally. I will surround myself only with positive people and situations. When I say GO, my subconcious will ensure my mind and body will become more in balance, with every hour, every day...' I feel like a million bucks after the session. Sometimes, I've felt so good and relaxed, that I went right to sleep.

Here is some information on candle relaxation techniques:
http://www.omharmonics.com/blog/candle-meditation/
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on January 19th, 2014, 10:52 am

Xina535,

That is awesome. I started the same way. I found self hypnosis to be a great relief. The more that you keep at it the better you get. I am actually taking a class to get certified in hypnosis so I can perform it for others. It helped me so much that I wanted to learn to use it to help others.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on January 19th, 2014, 12:11 pm

Secretagentman, really cool!!! I really believe in it. I've also wondered what it would take to become a hypnotherapist. Good luck with your certification!
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics