Weird Knee thing.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Weird Knee thing.

Postby Arkansan on January 18th, 2014, 3:58 pm

So last night I didn't go to sleep until 6 am and I have been rather sick for a couple of days. Today I got out for a bit and went to a bookstore, while there I squatted down and looked at books from that position several time, I also sat on the floor and got back up. I had a couple of big thumping twitches near my left knee, then as I walked a couple of time the knee buckled under me and kind of gave in for a split second if that makes sense. Then whilst walking back to the car it just feel sort of week like it was having trouble moving. When I got home I sat on the couch and tried to raise my foot up in front of me and the knee felt week and kind of wanted to sag. Now I am afraid that it could be the beginning of clinical weakness. I tried holding the leg up like that again with a stopwatch and after 5 seconds I could feel the muscle around the knee tremble slightly and by 16 seconds the whole leg was trembling. Now I am really worried again.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Weird Knee thing.

Postby Gamindsoc1509 on January 23rd, 2014, 3:46 pm

Hey bud, doesn't sound terribly concerning or a manifestation of clinical weakness to be honest. Knees buckle, especially depending how you were squatting.

I suppose a good way to feel better about it would be to hit the gym and strengthen legs so you see some strength improvement.

It's been a few days now, how have you been?
Gamindsoc1509

Re: Weird Knee thing.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics