Any other fears besides you know what?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Any other fears besides you know what?

Postby speg on October 17th, 2004, 9:17 pm

Most of us fear/at one time feared/no longer fear "you know what" due to the twitching, but I was wondering how many folks here suffer/have suffered from health anxiety or even fears of another nature (fear of flying, heights, spiders, crime, etc.)? Since anxiety and perhaps OCD seems to be a common thread among many of us, I thought this might be an interesting topic.

1. Do you suffer from health anxiety?
2. If yes, what other diseases do you or have you feared at one time or another?
3. What other non-health-related fears do you or have you suffered from?
4. Have you been diagnosed with GAD, OCD ot other?
5. Additional coments if any.
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby johnta on October 24th, 2004, 4:13 pm

:) Hi Speg,
johnta

Postby johnta on October 24th, 2004, 4:23 pm

:) Hi Speg,

Don't know why my previous attempt to reply was submitted, perhaps i hit a wrong key.

In answer to your question, no I don't suffer from any health anxieties, nor am I an anxious type of person (at least i don't think I am !). If the object of the question is to try to ascertain whether BFS can be brought on, or worsened, by being anxious, then I don't know. Certainly in my case I have found nothing which would indicate this. Nor does mine seem to be worsened by, for example caffeine or exercise.
It is just ever present, sometimes hardly noticeable, sometimes a real nuisance.. It's been 8 years now & I just try to accept it as part of my life.

Cheers.
johnta

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)