increased twitching

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

increased twitching

Postby rookiecookie828 on January 16th, 2013, 10:36 am

My twitching have increased a whole lot since the New Year. Worse thing is, they occur when I'm using the limb most of the time.
rookiecookie828
Interested
Interested

Re: increased twitching

Postby PetrifiedGuy33 on January 16th, 2013, 11:41 am

rookiecookie828 wrote:My twitching have increased a whole lot since the New Year. Worse thing is, they occur when I'm using the limb most of the time.

I have just gone on a 5k run and straight after i got lots of twitches in my calves

I am also getting more twitches in my face and neck these days, particularly above the lip and below the nose - after years and years of twitching on and off I would like to think that increased frequency of twitching means nothing more than my stress/anxiety levels are on the rise
PetrifiedGuy33
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby rookiecookie828 on January 16th, 2013, 6:13 pm

I understand that twitches after exertion is fairly normal. Mine happen while using it. Like while typing, my forearm may twitch. Standing with my calf or thigh or butt firing away.
rookiecookie828
Interested
Interested

Postby rookiecookie828 on January 16th, 2013, 6:13 pm

I understand that twitches after exertion is fairly normal. Mine happen while using it. Like while typing, my forearm may twitch. Standing with my calf or thigh or butt firing away.
rookiecookie828
Interested
Interested

Postby Syz on January 28th, 2013, 7:43 pm

I get twitches while using muscles, too. Example, if I exert my index finger, it will start to twitch back and forth. Sometimes I have to stop typing and wait for it to stop or I try to power through it and just get typos. I have this in other muscles too, especially forearms, biceps, triceps, shoulders, neck, back, and calves.
Syz
Interested
Interested

Postby johnnythejet on January 31st, 2013, 11:05 am

rookiecookie828 wrote:I understand that twitches after exertion is fairly normal. Mine happen while using it. Like while typing, my forearm may twitch. Standing with my calf or thigh or butt firing away.

Twitches after exertion is normal, yes, and so is twitching during muscle use, although not always noticeable. No worries.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Lasszucken on February 5th, 2013, 5:41 am

Also it is important to know that even when you think you use a muscle, for example while standing, you often dont use that muscle you think of you would, like the inner muscle (dont know the term for it) of the thighs sligtly at the side right above the knee. While standing one could think he would use all muscles in the thighs, which isn't the fact. So if it twitches there while standing or walking its just like when it twitches while resting, cause it just does that. Thats how my Dr. explained it to me, its just a coworking of all msucles at the time, on is tensioned while another isnt. You can easily test this while standing, this part of your muscle isnt flexed, but if you go down a bit it will be used.
Hope I could explain it understandable with my school english I had 30 years ago :)

Greetings,
Lasszucken
Twitching since about 1st of march 2012..
Lasszucken

Postby jerry2 on February 5th, 2013, 7:12 am

I now have twtiching in my place between thumb and index and this twitching is only when I hold something, so that area is in flexion under activity), so my thumb moves when I hold a book and not if I just look at my hand.

This is new for me :-(
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby talltwitcher on February 5th, 2013, 2:05 pm

I have had twitching between my thumb and index finger on and off for seven years. The twitches have no problem traveling to new locations so don't be surprised where they will show up next. There is not much real estate left on my body that has not twitched at one time or the other. They all can be a bit unnerving at first. There is a chance you might enjoy them all, tweeks, crawlers, buzzes and thumpers.

One thing about BFS no one can say it boring or routine.

Look on the bright side...How exciting would a forum on just tooth aches be? :D
Well now, I am so happy I could twitch..... Hey, What was that? Huh, I didn't mean every cotton pickin muscle I have!
talltwitcher

Postby rookiecookie828 on January 13th, 2014, 2:27 am

Oh hey. I started this thread almost a year ago. Been almost a year since I last logged in. :D

Life is still the same for me. Still twitching. Some days more than others. And like the posts I wrote last year, I twitch at rest or in motion. In my thighs, calves, butt, arms, thenar muscles, lips, cheek, forehead. Everywhere.

I still struggle from time to time thinking what this all is, but I have learned how to get on with my daily activities better than the first year.
rookiecookie828
Interested
Interested

Postby emmie.s on January 13th, 2014, 7:04 am

Thanks for checking in, I know it means a lot to the new members to hear that life goes on and it gets better.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management