Weird, weird, weird ...

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Weird, weird, weird ...

Postby will97 on January 3rd, 2014, 2:56 pm

Hello to all of my fellow BFS'ers ... Firstly I would like to wish you all a Happy and very healthy New Year ... after health we dont need anything else right? :P

Apologies to burden you all with another question, but this one kind of got me scared a little and I am not too sure what to make of it ... Any kind of input or similar experiences would be appreciated and would allow me to rest better at night.

For the past week or so I have been having some light pain in my left thigh - feels as if the muscle was pulled or something ... kind of hard to describe the pain ... but then last night I was lying down on my sofa just watching some TV and then BOUM!!! These brand new kind of fasiculations ... they were on my inner left thigh muscle right next to the knee ... its not the location that got me freaked out but more the way that these twitches take place ... here is a description of it (its easier when you see them ... hope some of you can vizualise and relate to this) ... the muscle would be sucked in and who be held down for about 5-7 seconds and then it would release ... really weird ... kind of like if you have air in a plastic bag then you suck the air out of the bag and in 5-7 seconds you blow the air back in ... the feeling is very very strange and I have been having this on and off since last night ... Last night it lasted for a few hours and was still there this morning then it stopped for a few hours and came back ... now its gone again ...

The weird thing is that the are where these twitches took place feels very, very weird ... its tingles a lot ... I feel lots of movement in that area (under my skin) and I have some pain as well ... especially when I get up and walk around ...

I dont think its related but wole up this morning with massive pain in my left hand (wrist area) as well ... just mentionning it in case it might be useful.

Thanks in advance for your input/stories/reassurance and please all take care of yourselves.

Will
will97

Re: Weird, weird, weird ...

Postby UTtwitch on January 3rd, 2014, 3:12 pm

I had twitches in the same exact spot yesterday. Mine weren't like as you describe but the same spot. Unfortunately, for me, this is the same spot where I swear I have muscle atrophy (non-dominant leg so pretty sure its all in my head--at least that is my hope). This muscle twitches on me occasionally but not steadily. I have had soreness in this same spot as you describe. Mine can be related to exercise as I have been pushing my legs a little more in the last few weeks--to remind myself that my muscles still work. Looks like you have been having BFS issues for while---if it was the big nasty I'm sure you would know by now. Relax and enjoy the muscle show. Pretty sure the twitch will come back in a few weeks.
UTtwitch
Interested
Interested

Postby will97 on January 3rd, 2014, 3:52 pm

Thanks for the response UTtwitch - I have had twitches in that exact spot many, many times and have had hot spots there for many, many consecutive days but its the first time that I have had these types of twitches (the deep, holding it down and then release twitches) ... very weird sensation I must admit ... It will soon be 2 years that I have been twitching ... but I have seen somewhat of a change over the time and recently I read an article about foods with Aspartame ... and I am a big fan of popsicles (Mr.Freeze mostly) ... I would be able to eat 3-4 jumbo ones every night before bed ... and since I read this article I have stopped completly ... I think that this has helped as well ... anyways its only water and sugar so it cant really hurt to stop :) ...

I am also still being followed by my neuro ... she used to see me every 3 months but now its every 6 months as she said that things seemed to stay quite the same ... guess its a good thing :)
will97

Postby will97 on January 4th, 2014, 1:31 pm

was hoping to get more responses ... the whole left thigh feels quite weird I must say ... feels lke something is cooking under my skin intensively even though twitches seem to have calmed down I still feel something weird under my skin ... :(
will97

Postby shell67 on January 4th, 2014, 2:45 pm

Will97, I had the same kind of prolonged twitch near my left knee for a few days, then it passed. Exactly how you described it. Weird. But I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about.
shell67

Postby staceyj on January 7th, 2014, 3:15 pm

That's exactly how my twitching started except it was in my lower eyelid. The muscle would contract and hold for a couple of seconds and then release. Thought I was having a stroke due to the location. :shock:
staceyj
Interested
Interested

Postby Tiredofbfs on January 7th, 2014, 3:30 pm

I have them on the same exact spot of both thighs. If I understand you correctly. you are talking about the muscle on the side just above the knee. I know exactly what you are describing my twitches felt weird as well. it would pull down and hold for 3 seconds and you could feel it then release . I know that feeling. but I don't have it now however the feeling something under my skin in both thighs is still there. small pulse kind of twitch all over that area
Tiredofbfs
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby will97 on January 10th, 2014, 9:54 am

I appreciate so much your comments guys and girls ... Unfortunately I still have that twitch in my thigh ... the exact same spot and this almost a week later now ... My anxiety is starting to get back to me and I really dont want that. I just feel scared because it feels really weird and not many people seem to have had this ... on top of it I have started simultaniously twitching in the exact same muscle but in the right thigh ...

I also know that in 2 months it will be 2 years that I have been twitching and feering the dreadful beast ... I dont fear it as much usually and have managed to get most of my life back and control my emotions betetr but that doesnt mean that I dont still fear that dreadful disease and that even though I've been twitching for 2 years now ... I've read that people had been twitching for many years and that after 3-4-5 years they would get the harsh diagnosis ... so this is why I cant really clear my head completly that its still possible that I could have that disease ...

Sorry for being a rain cloud but I really am not feeling super well lately and especially today ... I am trying to stay strong and not rellapse to that dark side again ...

Thanks all for taking teh time to read me and give me your input.

Will
will97

Postby will97 on January 10th, 2014, 10:09 am

In addition to having this thigh twitch for the past week I also still have that massive left hand wrist pain as well. My left legs calf muscles have been in massive pain for the same period of time … seems just really weird and doesn’t seem to get anything better ... I would have hoped that after a week I would notice a difference but it has not improved at all :(
will97

Postby will97 on January 12th, 2014, 10:57 am

I would really appreciate if anyone has anything to say as I am really starting to get more and more afraid ... I still have hese twitches in the exactbsame spot ... its been well over a week now and no improvement ...

i know its not going to stop my twitches but i would appreciate your input or similar experiences

thankwill
will97

Postby Tiredofbfs on January 12th, 2014, 11:02 am

I have had them for one year and still do. Don't worry they are annoying but with no meaning.

Once you stop thinking about them they will fade away slowly.

Do squat the will go away
Tiredofbfs
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby will97 on January 13th, 2014, 9:09 am

I feel like its getting worse eac day ... I have some really bad ''thumpers'' and entire thigh twitches in my left thigh ... they actually physically hurt as hell ...

instead of getting better by the day its getting worse by the day ..­. I just dont know what to do right now ... maybe I should call my neurologist and tell her whats going on with me and ask if I can have another EMG done to see if anything has changed since last time?

***I need some relief and help ***
will97

Postby shell67 on January 13th, 2014, 9:37 am

Will -- I've had all the stuff you're describing and more. My arm has been twitching pretty much nonstop in the same place since August. When I went back to the neuro because my left bicep was shaking from all the twitching, he really could have cared less -- all he cared about was whether or not I had any weakness in that arm (I didn't). It's finally feeling better now. I also have had the thigh twitch you're describing. Try not to worry about symptoms that seem to get worse. As long as you have no weakness (and it doesn't sound like you do), I'm sure you're fine.
shell67

Postby will97 on January 13th, 2014, 10:50 am

I dont think that I have any weakness but then again I could be wrong ... I am sorry that you have this twitch in your arm for so long ... it sucks!!!

I am worried because that stupid deep twitch in my left thigh muscle wont go away and its been 10+ days and in addition my right thigh has started twitching in almost the exact same place so now both my thighs are twitcghing which is why I am more worried now taht I even was before ...

I honnestly thought that I was doing better just to realize that I think that I am not doing that well ... I wont say that I am at my worst point ever but I am going down that dark path slowly ... I can feel it and I am really trying not too ... this is why I need any kinfd of help I can get ... :(
will97

Postby Tiredofbfs on January 13th, 2014, 10:54 am

trust me my thighs have been twitching since this bfs started. I just ignore them. Don't worry they are nothing to worry about. my neuro told me if you can do 10 squats free weight only your body then you are fine. exercise do help. I have the twitches front side back of my thigh you name it on both side. I had an emg needle on that specific spot but nothing showed up .
Tiredofbfs
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to General Topics