BAM back again

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: BAM back again

Postby bjjt70 on December 20th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Hi. I am a first time poster and at the moment I am going through all the emotional anxiety of wondering if what I am experiencing is BFS or "else". I too experienced painful burning at the back of calves for over a month but I ve starting taking potassium and magnesium supplements and that seems to be working (did not stop the fasciculations though :evil: ). You could ask yr Dr to do a blood test.(good luck with that).
bjjt70

Postby 6t5frlane on January 3rd, 2014, 1:35 pm

Kinda weird. Now getting hand cramps. Fingers lock up and tiny twitching on my hand ( fingers and thumbs )
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on January 3rd, 2014, 1:40 pm

6t5frlane wrote:Kinda weird. Now getting hand cramps. Fingers lock up and tiny twitching on my hand ( fingers and thumbs )

And of course the fingers go back and forth (spasm-twitching )
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby jebmd on January 12th, 2014, 9:11 am

Hi, I'm new here. Recently completed testing for a%! with bloodwork, MRI and EMG all clear. Started the twitching at the end of September with one nasty cold that lasted a whole week-and instead of resting I kept going to work. Twitches everywhere, never experienced anything like it before (age 46, female). One cousin who died of als at age 47 as well as a high school classmate age 45, a high school chemistry teacher at age 61 and a more distant relative in her 80s. Bloodwork did show Vit D deficiency and I am supplementing. Also B12 deficiency for years, I get monthly injections and low iron, also supplementing (had the work up for that too all negative). This site has been a Godsend to keep me focused on the most likely diagnosis in my case benign fasciculation-but man is it unnerving to get random twitches all the time that just act up out of the blue as you were saying-I am only four months into this so I'll need more time with nothing bad happening to really believe that I don't have anything worse. My suggestion for the BAMs-do the usual, sleep, eat well ,stay well hydrated use drugs like clonazepam in the short term if symptoms are severe. I find light exercise is better then doing nothing-if I move around or am focused on an activity even laundry, then I notice it less. Since most of my symptoms are on the left arm and leg now and only the right ones were tested by EMG I am going to call my neurologist to get the other side tested for my peace of mind. If there are any female twitchers reading this, I was wondering if any of you experience an increase in symptoms with your periods-the last few days have been brutal and I should be getting one shortly.
Hope things improve for you,
Peace, Joanne
jebmd

Postby 6t5frlane on January 13th, 2014, 10:38 am

I'm 8 years in to this and still get new symptoms ! The Hand thing is new. Annoying as hell. Fingers going back and forth etc and I feel a lack of dexterity for some reason..Anybody else ?
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS