feet twitches extremly

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

feet twitches extremly

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 7th, 2014, 2:13 pm

Hello everybody. Sorry about my bad english... I have only spoken english at school... I have a big problem and I am in panic! My twitches startes in for 3 monoth. First at the eye, then the left arm an than, after I have googled... everywere. But mostly and 24/7 in my calves. Since 4 weeks the twitches startes into my feets, first my toes twitches all the time. Every toe has his own life. I can see and feel the twitches extremly. The twitches in my feet get more and more worse. Every time when I lay down, on my bed for example or when I sit down my twitches get extremly worse. Since 2 weeks my feets twitches at every part, extremly hard. The twitches move my toes and they change into hard cramps... every night... I am so worry.... I have visited 4 weeks ago a neurologist and he made an EMG. The EMG and the clinical examination where ok.... Is there anybody who know these extreme problem? I am 43 and female... Is this typical for ALS? Please send my some answers. I thank you all in!
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: feet twitches extremly

Postby veryworried123 on January 7th, 2014, 2:28 pm

If you have already had a nero visit and emg then your fine. nothing you say is concerning. we have all had that and much more

please search this site and read bfs in a nutshell. its a good summary

It doesn't really matter what your specific symptoms are because BFS is harmless and it cannot possibly hurt you. The only way I would be alarmed at your symptoms at all would be if you said "I can't pick up a fork and my hand stopped working two weeks ago." THAT would be the type of symptom that would alarm you. Anything less than that (ie, like 99.999999% of other symptoms) are nothing more than plain old ordinary BFS. Nobody on this board has a symptom that is even close to alarming

yes it can be very frustrating. don't drive yourself crazy like i did and many others

Bfs is 90 %mental
you need to work hard at reducing your stress

thanks
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 7th, 2014, 2:51 pm

oh thank you, I am lucky that you answerd my. The problem is that I have these hard cramps every night... I feel so unlucky and anxious... but I am really glad to read your comment :D
Do you have cramps in your feet also?
Thanks a lot
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby veryworried123 on January 7th, 2014, 3:08 pm

i don't have cramps and if you search the site you will find others that do

its a common bfs symptom
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on January 8th, 2014, 3:27 am

I have night cramps for years in my feet and calves (aslo sometimes in my hands and other muscles). They do not do any harm particularly (except the pain). Suppose they may be of hormonal origin.
My mother has them too for all her life.
Magnesium + B6 sometimes helpes.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 8th, 2014, 10:08 am

oh thanks for [email protected]: Do you have twitches also every night..? I am so afraid... I have tried magnesium and limptar but there was no improvement up to now...
My biggest anxiety is that there starts a progression... My twitches in calves, feets and particulately on the whole body becomes more worse from day to day... I can see but also I can feel the twitches... They look like waves... :shock:
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on January 8th, 2014, 12:22 pm

I have them in bouts, and when I am in bout yes, every night and in the daytime too. Really have no idea why they come and go - sometimes magnesium helps and sometimes not.
As for magnesium, you should really take high doses for about 6 weeks to see if there is any result. My neuro first put me on a dose which appeared to be 1\5 of that one withc was necessary according to the leaflet.

Do not worry about expansion of twitches and even cramps. It is called spasmophylia and most probably caused by hormonal issues or vitamine B deficiency. Spasmophylia is very common in BFSers. In 2012, I had such bad time with cramps that I thought I broke my collar bone - so strong and painful it was and in such unusual place - at the neck... I was on vacation, I had to go to the river trip and I went with the pain... and I was so much distracted that at the evening I even did not remember that I had pain in the morning...
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on January 8th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Moreover, this pattern does not fit ALS clinical picture, so you really should not worry. Have you had your thyroid checked? Problems with thyroid gland can cause both twitching, cramps, and extremely bad mood (excitation or vice versa depression). Clean EMG and normal clinical exam means you are on the safe side, really, really, believe me.

I also developed a whole bunch of symptomes after visiting neurologist, so my condition did not stopped after benign diagnosis but only developed as it should be :))) but later I managed to recover, especially from fears (I still have cramps, pains, numbness here and there, my left hand seem to be damaged with repetitive strain form my work, developing pains in elbow and wrist), and I of your age (43) so I suppose this is rather normal.

My mother told me that decade from 40 to 50 was a real nightmare for her (she developed asthma and severe pollynosis, started to have thyroid problems and certain troubles with female glands), but after 50 things settled down, so I have that hope for me too :))))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 8th, 2014, 1:23 pm

oh dear Yuliasir, I hope so that you have right... Thank a lot and a lot furthermore :wink:
I is such a horrible time for me...because I have the twitches in feet and calves all the time, at day and night, since 4 weeks.... :( without a break...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 9th, 2014, 6:27 am

Hello together... I am still worried, because my twitches do not stop. They are constantly in my calves and feets... is this constant twitching also typical for bfs?
Thank you very much.
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on January 9th, 2014, 6:36 am

yes, especially for feet and calves
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 9th, 2014, 2:37 pm

Hi... is there anybody else who ever had this twitches and cramps in his/her feet? I whould be so calmed if I hear so much experiences as possible.Thank you all!!!
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby leaflea on January 9th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Yuliasir is right - feet and calves are the most common. I read something somewhere that "anything below the knee" is no cause for concern. I twitch everywhere from time to time, but most consistently and most often in my feet and calves. I have had painful cramps in my feet and calves for many many years as has my mother. Likely as far back as my teens or 20's (I am now 46). Most often in the middle of the night, but not only. Just prior to the onset of BFS the cramps were at their all time worst. Now they cramp just like they always have. I just had my neuro exam yesterday and clean EMG a month ago and am so relieved!
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 10th, 2014, 4:24 am

Thank you both Yuliasir and leaflea! So I have two opinions, both are the same! This makes me really a little bit calmer. Thank you. It is not easy for me at time, because I am so awared. I have read so much in the internet and the continuous symptoms demands me.... Greatings from Cologne
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nrwtwitcher on January 11th, 2014, 4:59 am

Dear Yuliasir, veryworried and all: I am worried today. Last night my feet have cramped very often, all my toes have twitched also. But the worst: My whole feet began to twitch, like a myoklonic cramp...
Now I am in extrem panic. What is it??? Please give me your opinion... I do not understand why my twitches and cramps are so worse now... I have read so often that*** starts in feet.... Please correct me, I hope I am wrong....The cramp sensitivity is also there during the day now... Have you any idea what I can do to do? A further problem is, that I am focused on my feet the whole time. A part of my brain is always in my feet... I hope you know what I mean.. I am not able to do anything else...
nrwtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Experiences with BFS