BAM back again

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: BAM back again

Postby bjjt70 on December 20th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Hi. I am a first time poster and at the moment I am going through all the emotional anxiety of wondering if what I am experiencing is BFS or "else". I too experienced painful burning at the back of calves for over a month but I ve starting taking potassium and magnesium supplements and that seems to be working (did not stop the fasciculations though :evil: ). You could ask yr Dr to do a blood test.(good luck with that).
bjjt70

Postby 6t5frlane on January 3rd, 2014, 1:35 pm

Kinda weird. Now getting hand cramps. Fingers lock up and tiny twitching on my hand ( fingers and thumbs )
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on January 3rd, 2014, 1:40 pm

6t5frlane wrote:Kinda weird. Now getting hand cramps. Fingers lock up and tiny twitching on my hand ( fingers and thumbs )

And of course the fingers go back and forth (spasm-twitching )
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby jebmd on January 12th, 2014, 9:11 am

Hi, I'm new here. Recently completed testing for a%! with bloodwork, MRI and EMG all clear. Started the twitching at the end of September with one nasty cold that lasted a whole week-and instead of resting I kept going to work. Twitches everywhere, never experienced anything like it before (age 46, female). One cousin who died of als at age 47 as well as a high school classmate age 45, a high school chemistry teacher at age 61 and a more distant relative in her 80s. Bloodwork did show Vit D deficiency and I am supplementing. Also B12 deficiency for years, I get monthly injections and low iron, also supplementing (had the work up for that too all negative). This site has been a Godsend to keep me focused on the most likely diagnosis in my case benign fasciculation-but man is it unnerving to get random twitches all the time that just act up out of the blue as you were saying-I am only four months into this so I'll need more time with nothing bad happening to really believe that I don't have anything worse. My suggestion for the BAMs-do the usual, sleep, eat well ,stay well hydrated use drugs like clonazepam in the short term if symptoms are severe. I find light exercise is better then doing nothing-if I move around or am focused on an activity even laundry, then I notice it less. Since most of my symptoms are on the left arm and leg now and only the right ones were tested by EMG I am going to call my neurologist to get the other side tested for my peace of mind. If there are any female twitchers reading this, I was wondering if any of you experience an increase in symptoms with your periods-the last few days have been brutal and I should be getting one shortly.
Hope things improve for you,
Peace, Joanne
jebmd

Postby 6t5frlane on January 13th, 2014, 10:38 am

I'm 8 years in to this and still get new symptoms ! The Hand thing is new. Annoying as hell. Fingers going back and forth etc and I feel a lack of dexterity for some reason..Anybody else ?
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on May 14th, 2018, 9:10 am

Almost 5 years have gone by with 2 minor flares. Last week the ceiling dropped and all the symtoms have returned in a BIG was just like before, I'm depressed as hell. Thought I was done with this S&^%$
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby 6t5frlane on May 17th, 2018, 11:56 am

Looking over my past posts all the way back to 2006 has been helpful. Right now I feel like its 2006 all over again. Reading my symptom's back then reflect what's happening right now. Its really hard to believe. Trying to go over all I did in the last two weeks but nothing unusual comes to mind. Mindboggling
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby peterdenmark on May 19th, 2018, 5:18 pm

6t5frlane wrote:Looking over my past posts all the way back to 2006 has been helpful. Right now I feel like its 2006 all over again. Reading my symptom's back then reflect what's happening right now. Its really hard to believe. Trying to go over all I did in the last two weeks but nothing unusual comes to mind. Mindboggling

I’m with you. Went through the same *beep* from ‘09-‘13. Then it went away - completely. Happy days. But then - wham - it all returned in 2017. Crap. Currently the doctors suspect I may suffer from small fiber neuropathy. Fasciculations are a common symptom with that illnes.
--
Best regards
Peter, Denmark
Twitching since february 2009
peterdenmark
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby 6t5frlane on May 20th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Wishing you well Peter..I know this all sucks
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby peterdenmark on May 23rd, 2018, 1:01 pm

6t5frlane wrote:Wishing you well Peter..I know this all sucks

Thank you - I wish the same for you.
Back in the days there was much more activity on this board. Is it happening on Facebook now?
--
Best regards
Peter, Denmark
Twitching since february 2009
peterdenmark
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby 6t5frlane on May 26th, 2018, 10:08 am

I'm not on Facebook so I don't know..........someone else ?
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby leaflea on July 29th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Yes, there is activity on facebook, some old timers from here, and many new people who couldn't get approved for this site because the owner stopped responding. Activity really ebbs and flows, but you can always find someone.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Experiences with BFS