Took ambien twitching allot today

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Took ambien twitching allot today

Postby Adamk on December 20th, 2013, 12:54 pm

I have had allot of success changing my diet, I have not had any thumpers for over 2 months, last night I couldn't fall asleep so I took some ambien about8 mg and I woke up today and my left arm by my elbow is twitching like crazy. The only thing I did different is take ambien at higher dose than normal. Unless I somehow slept on iy weirded. But this is yet another indication that ambien can make it worse. I am so sick of having to tiptoe around life all the time trying to prevent twitches. I want a normal life again.
Adamk

Re: Took ambien twitching allot today

Postby SecretAgentMan on December 20th, 2013, 1:48 pm

You've been managing your diet carefully and minimizing sources of inflammation for many months now. I'd be willing to bet your digestive system has done a lot of healing in that time. You are probably at a point where you could benefit from the acupressure based allergy elimination techniques available, such as NAET (Nambudripad's allergy elimination technique). There are others but NAET is one of the most common. I realize that you may be skeptical but I assure you that these are the real deal. Your immune system just needs to learn to not target things that are not really a threat and techniques like these do just that. Hang in there!
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Adamk on December 20th, 2013, 10:28 pm

The twitching has lessened allot since this morning it stopped for about 4 hours. Right now I'm trying not to aggravate it by keeping it still. I'll look into the allergy testing but I just hope that one day I can have normal food again without worry, aside from not being able to eat treats it is very expensive shopping at whole foods. My grocery bill has doubled.
Adamk

Postby SecretAgentMan on December 21st, 2013, 10:40 am

You are going to have to suspend your disbelief, set aside every preconceived notion, and forget what you think you know about how allergies and the body work. You will not need to do any expensive blood tests for allergies before hand. The acupressure based allergy elimination techniques work on an energetic level and utilize a biofeedback response to determine if you have an issue with a particular substance. The most common form of biofeedback used is a muscle response test where the practitioner will push down on your extended arm while you resist. When you are holding a substance in your hand that you have an issue with it will cause your muscle resistance to weaken. Sounds goofy I know, but I assure you that it works quite well. The reason this sounds so goofy to people is because we are not used to taking into consideration the nature of this energy and how it influences our physical bodies or the physical world around us. The process has been quite refined over the years and is quite effective and efficient though.

Once a substance is determined to be an issue for your body, like say gluten for example, the practitioner then stimulates the acupuncture points along your spine just through applying pressure. Sometimes a breathing exercise is done during this process. This clears out the recognition of that substance's particular energy signature (or frequency) from each of the 12 primary meridians (energy pathways) of your body. Usually you will need to avoid that particular substance for an additional 25 hours to give your body's natural energy cycles to run through a normal day's routine (plus an hour for padding) to ensure that the energy pathways have been cleared out. After the 25 hour window you can begin slowly working that particular substance back into your diet.

I remember when I first was trying this out. I had experienced great relief in my symptoms by listening to their advice on diet. I had felt better with the acupuncture and chiropractic treatments I had received up until that point. The leaky gut syndrome supplements and diet suggestions were all helping me. Up until that point I had no reason to doubt them because everything they were doing was working. Then they explained the allergy elimination technique and it was so crazy sounding that I didn't know what to think. They had earned my trust though so I decided to try it out. What did I have to lose at that point? I had sooo much to gain if it worked. Much to my surprise, it did work and it was the real deal.

You say you want to be able to eat normal food again, well, this is your ticket. I have nothing to gain by pulling your leg here. Just remember that when you can eat normal food again to not fall back into old bad habits. There is a reason that we develop digestive system problems like leaky gut. Our stress management is one aspect, but our diets are equally important. Too much processed foods, sugars, etc. and not enough fresh organic fruits and vegetables take their tolls on us. I'd recommend finding a happy balance where perhaps your grocery bills stay around 1.5X of what they used to be vs. 2X... :) Hopefully you've learned by now the importance that a good diet makes to your overall well-being beyond just keeping your twitching to a minimum.

Also, have you tried self-hypnosis or meditation relaxation techniques to help you with your sleeping issues? They did wonders for me. Don't expect them to change you overnight. It takes continued practice to get better, but it is well worth the investment in time. It doesn't even need to be that much of a time investment. 10 min a night is all it really takes. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS