Cymbalta

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Cymbalta

Postby muppetdog on November 23rd, 2013, 7:28 pm

Anyone tried this for the nervy type, stinging burny stuff? And if so, did it work?
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Cymbalta

Postby muppetdog on December 5th, 2013, 8:36 pm

No one?
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby marvan on December 11th, 2013, 1:26 am

my doctor had me try it for a few months since it is supposed help with fibro and anxiety and those seem to be related to bfs. It did not have any effect either way on my bfs symptoms. The only positive thing I noticed was that it seemed to improve my focus level. I gained weight on it very quickly though. I started a diet to lose weight, but nothing came off until about a month after I stopped taking it. It has some tough withdrawal effects that lasted about a week for me, so I would research that before you try it.

regarding energy level, I tried gatorade energy chews once before my weekly pickup hockey and it really seemed to provide me a burst of energy. Might just be placebo effect, but worked for me regardless. I do a banana/b vitamins/coffee shot combo sometimes and that works well too.
marvan

Postby muppetdog on December 11th, 2013, 1:48 am

Thanks marvan, I appreciate the input. I will definitely do some research if I want to try it.
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby aztwitchy on December 12th, 2013, 10:42 pm

muppetdog....I would try a natural supplement before I moved on to heavy duty mind medications like cymbalta.

I highly recommend a product called Selevance by NeuroSciences....for me its much more mild that SSRI meds but on the flip side its using amino acids to boost production of neurotransmitters through natural pathways. Zero side effects for me. Its going to cost more than a prescription but SNRI and SSRI meds can have a horrible effect on you.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby leaflea on December 13th, 2013, 10:30 am

aztwitchy wrote:muppetdog....I would try a natural supplement before I moved on to heavy duty mind medications like cymbalta.

I highly recommend a product called Selevance by NeuroSciences....for me its much more mild that SSRI meds but on the flip side its using amino acids to boost production of neurotransmitters through natural pathways. Zero side effects for me. Its going to cost more than a prescription but SNRI and SSRI meds can have a horrible effect on you.

Hi aztwitchy, can you provide a link or any more information about Selevance, it sounds interesting
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on December 13th, 2013, 2:29 pm

sure, here is the company website:

https://www.neurorelief.com/index.php?p ... type=2086#

I buy this from my naturopath but I am sure you can buy it at a variety of online retailers.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby BFSBurger on December 13th, 2013, 10:43 pm

aztwitchy wrote:sure, here is the company website:

I buy this from my naturopath but I am sure you can buy it at a variety of online retailers.

Just looking at the ingredient list, its an outstanding product.
And as you can see by clicking the link in my signature, half the stuff in there are the exact supplements I went on in an attempt to stop my BFS
(and succeeded). CoQ10, Carnitine, RLA, ALA, etc.
There's a substantial Mitochondrial support regimen in that ingredient list, and Probiotics as well for gut health.
I also have seen ample evidence that neurotransmitters, and dopamine (ingredient in selevance: tryptophan) and serotonin (ingredient in selevance: 5HTP) play a role in this condition.
Not the least bit surprised its helping so much.
Good to hear AZT
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby jerry2 on December 16th, 2013, 3:00 am

aztwitchy wrote:sure, here is the company website:

I really wanted to try this, but it seems to be unavailable in Europe :-( The shipping to my country is not available in many stores, in ones that it is I have to pay 124$ (yes, it is not a typo) for small pills that weight 100g and cost 44$.

If there is anybody kind enough to send it to me, please let me know via PM, I can send money ba bank, paypal for the pills and the postage and the trouble ;-) Thank you.
jerry2
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on December 16th, 2013, 3:11 am

yeee :) pretty regular BAD by ingredients :) by the way, those of you who blame MSG for all your conditions, should know it contains in fact same anion (glutamic acid hydrochloride). Wonder how same staff could be beneficial and notorious at the same time! Probably because it is purely harmless.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on December 16th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Yuliasir wrote:yeee :) pretty regular BAD by ingredients :) by the way, those of you who blame MSG for all your conditions, should know it contains in fact same anion (glutamic acid hydrochloride). Wonder how same staff could be beneficial and notorious at the same time! Probably because it is purely harmless.

if I understand correctly Yuli I believe the L-glutamic acid is bound and different than free glutamic acid (i.e. MSG)

I will ask my doctor about this...thanks for bringing up that point up.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Jerry, you may want to look for the same ingredients in other products locally available...I don't think the cost is going to be worth it for you as the effects are subtle. Just my honest opinion.
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby muppetdog on December 16th, 2013, 10:29 pm

Ok, so I am a bit confused. They use MSG in l-glutamine?
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on December 17th, 2013, 12:22 am

MSG is a sodium salt of L-glutamic acid (we as humans can not consume other isomeric forms, so L-forms are the only participating in biosynthesis etc.)
Hydrochloride of glutamic acid is essentially same salt, just hydrocloride acts as pseudocation. If you take it in, you will have same anion - glutamic acid anion or glutamate, as produces MSG. it is just a matter of where cation or pseudocationis bound to, in hydrocloride it sits on amino group, in monosodium glutamate on one of the OH groups subsituting H.

In fact, to be honest, I am staying on the position that MGS threat is one of the 'sity hoaxes', becasue eating cheese or meat or soybean proteins (ANY proteins in fact) daily stuffes you with natural glutamate and all 'artificial' MSG in fact is a NATURAL one, taken from the broth or milk serum etc.
here is some basic info about glutamic acid and its properties: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamic_acid.
As you see, GA can damage your brain only at ishemic consitions when there is no normal methabolism. Under normal conditions hardly it could be harmful - and therefore adding some extra with the pill hardly can be useful compared to huge amounht you normally consume.

So, basically I doubt both severe and irreversible harm casued by MSG in the food (becasue it exsits in every protein containing food in form of glutamic acid) and benefit of putting some small extra amount of refined GA hydrocloride into your belly (cheese is cheaper and tastes nice).
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby muppetdog on December 17th, 2013, 1:41 am

Yeah.... What she said :)

Jeez, Yuliasir, you sent me running for my O-Chem book.

Great info, I want to know more so I am going to do some reading. That would be funny if the MSG stuff is just a scam. I don't doubt your ideas :)

Thanks
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management