Red Korean Ginseng

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Red Korean Ginseng

Postby muppetdog on December 6th, 2013, 11:59 am

I am looking for something that will give me a tad bit more energy. I am one of the people on here who battle fatigue from time to time along with body burning and muscle aches. I have read some good things about Red Ginseng. Has anyone used this? Thoughts?

Thanks,

MD
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Red Korean Ginseng

Postby SecretAgentMan on December 6th, 2013, 3:50 pm

I very recently went through a period of fatigue. I always felt like I was tired. I didn't feel like getting up in the mornings and I was going to bed by 10pm on a regular basis. Although I've been seeing an acupuncturist on a regular basis that method of treatment wasn't seeming to help me in this particular area. I am an avid believer in using the right tool for the right job, so when my usual tricks were not working I decided to branch out and try something different. It just so happened that I saw a presentation on pranic healing by a local practitioner. She described how although there are many different methods of working with the body's subtle energy system, each one has it's own strengths and weaknesses. This resonated with me because I was just starting to consider branching out to find something to help me with my noticeable lack of energy and motivation. I decided to make an appointment with her and try pranic healing out. Much to my delight I experienced a noticeable difference in my energy levels and motivation do be productive after just one appointment. The right tool for the right job indeed did seem to be the lesson to be learned from that experience for me.

While I realize energy healing methods and techniques may be foreign or intimidating to many here in this forum, I still wanted to post on my positive experience with it to raise awareness that such an option exists and is available to be pursued. The subtle energy system of the human body is still little understood in terms of why it works the way it does, but in terms of how it seems to work with our health is better understood than most people realize. The pranic healer I saw seemed to know just what needed to be done in order to address the fatigue issues I was dealing with at the time. As I stated before I noticed a dramatic difference, especially the very next morning when it was time to get up. I'd recommend anyone here to google to find if they have a pranic healer nearby in their area. I never worked with pranic healing when I was twitching, but it's worth looking into for any symptoms you are experiencing. The hardest part will probably be keeping an open mind because the subtle energy system of the body seems to operate against traditional expectations for how our logical minds thing things should work. As I stated before though, the working of this system is fairly well understood by those who work in this field. It just isn't widely publicized.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby muppetdog on December 6th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Could that not have been placebo effect. Pretty strong stuff.
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on December 6th, 2013, 5:04 pm

The placebo effect is mind over matter. The subtle energy system of the body is intimately connected to mind and matter. The energy responds to mind and influences matter. I believe this energy is the interface between the two. I also believe that the placebo effect is possible because of this energy.

Despite all of the mapping research done into the brain memories and consciousness cannot be isolated. Our society and culture predominately uses the words 'mind' and 'brain' interchangeably, but the two appear to be entirely different and separate from each other. The brain would be the physical organ that is the hub and command center of the central nervous system and the mind would be non-physical, energetic in nature, and the seat of your memories/consciousness/awareness. It isn't my intent to get too deep and philosophical here, but I'm trying to illustrate a different frame of reference through which to consider viewing the mind's influence on health.

The body's subtle energy system is not a nebulous concept. It has been mapped for thousands of years. Energy pathways are consistent and identical from person to person. Modern electronic devices can now measure and detect acupuncture points that were known thousands of years ago when such technology was not available. These energy pathways serve a very real purpose and work in the background to influence the physical body as it responds to your thoughts, emotions, beliefs, and intentions. It works whether you are aware of its existence or not, just as the rest of the universe does. The only difference is that when you acknowledge something and learn about it, you can then use it to your advantage.

There is a quote by T. H. Huxley that I really like. It says, "Sit down before fact like a little child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion. Follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or you shall learn nothing." You just might be amazed at what you discover if you keep an open mind. While it is beneficial to maintain healthy skepticism and use discernment, skepticism ceases to be healthy when you close your mind to new concepts just because you don't want to consider them. It's a fine balance really and can be difficult to maintain.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on December 6th, 2013, 5:56 pm

muppetdog wrote:I am looking for something that will give me a tad bit more energy. I am one of the people on here who battle fatigue from time to time along with body burning and muscle aches. I have read some good things about Red Ginseng. Has anyone used this? Thoughts?

Thanks,

MD

I did injectable ginseng for a while....was a very subtle positive addition...maybe too expensive to continue long term though and doing IM injections is not a whole lot of fun on a regular schedule.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby chicagobfs on December 10th, 2013, 11:30 am

Yes I do use ginseng from time to time especially when I study. I eat roots that are marinated? Made in Korea. My Korean friend brought me some, but it is not cheap. It does give me more energy and helps with circulation. What I don't like is the "hot flash" feeling, my ears are often burning from using it.
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby muppetdog on December 10th, 2013, 8:54 pm

thanks for the input Chicago. How you been lately?
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby chicagobfs on December 13th, 2013, 11:43 pm

I had lots of stress because of the finals but my twitching is vey minimal, I'm trying gluten free diet yet again....thank your asking!
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management