Back again

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back again

Postby PetrifiedGuy33 on December 9th, 2013, 8:52 am

I am ok, still twitch sometimes, don't mind it, don't think about it too much - I don't know if I am twitching less or just thinking about twitching less or if the two are somehow connected but it has just all faded into the background for me

Boy, did I go through the mill with this, twice in fact - thought I was coming down with bulbar at one stage, thought I wasn't speaking properly, a really tough few months 2 years ago at this time as I waited for tests. I remember constantly speaking out loud to myself like a madman and reading newspaper articles, recording them etc.

I have health anxiety, that's really what I have to deal with.

Yes, I twitch and have done for many years but the twitches only became an issue when I googled them and found what all of you found, then my mind destroyed me for a while, but the twitches, they're harmless, we're lucky!

Let's focus on the real issues, the twitches are unimportant, it's what our mind imagines them to be that is the issue, deal with that
PetrifiedGuy33
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Back again

Postby leaflea on December 9th, 2013, 9:04 am

Gret, hopeful post, no longer petrified guy! I have a question I don't think I've seen, don't mean to hijack your post. I hadn't twitched quite as much the past few days, but yesterday after elliptical work out my feet had the tiniest but visible twitches in about every muscle in both feet, lasting about an hour afterward. Normal for people like us?
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Postby PetrifiedGuy33 on December 9th, 2013, 10:41 am

Having twitched for almost 20 years on and off, there is no normal in my experience

I still get new twitches, had a lot of them around my face/lips in recent months, hotspots, on and off for days and even months and then they just disappear

the only thing I can tell you is that when I accept that the twitches are just twitches and nothing else, when my mind genuinely accepts that truth they tend to happen less or not at all

stress is undoubtedly a huge factor in increasing frequency of twitches in my view, but a lot of people do report twitches after exercise as per your situation too
PetrifiedGuy33
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby emmie.s on December 9th, 2013, 10:47 am

This is a wonderful post, thank you for checking back in and sharing those words of wisdom!

And to leaflea, even many non-BFSers twitch after working out. Its 100% normal and to be expected. The feet and legs are most common.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on December 10th, 2013, 9:27 pm

leaflea wrote:Gret, hopeful post, no longer petrified guy! I have a question I don't think I've seen, don't mean to hijack your post. I hadn't twitched quite as much the past few days, but yesterday after elliptical work out my feet had the tiniest but visible twitches in about every muscle in both feet, lasting about an hour afterward. Normal for people like us?

Completely normal. Back in my early BFS times, my quads would go nuts after riding the recumbent bike for a while.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS