Tongue twitches on the tip / body twitches too !

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Tongue twitches on the tip / body twitches too !

Postby emmie.s on November 21st, 2013, 10:38 am

Anxious guy wrote:And does anyone's tongue have a scalloped side / sides especially noticeable when the tongue is resting in your mouth? When mines resting I see big teeth marks / grooves more on the right where my teeth press against my tongue !

Inhale .... Hold 1,2,3 & 4 .... And exhale !!! Repeat until calm !!!

Yep I have slight scalloped tongue, as does my husband. His is more scalloped than mine. Has been for years, likely always has been. It's due to the fact that I have big choppers that are slightly too large for my mouth :)
Nothing to worry about!!!!
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on November 21st, 2013, 11:16 am

Emmie, is yours more scalloped looking or more defined grooves when its in your mouth rather than when extended ? I can see grooves on mine as it seems to mold round my teeth, on booth sides but more on the right side.. I have caught myself pushing my tongue against my teeth and I have stopped but I have probably been doing that for a long time and I clench my teeth a lot too ...
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby emmie.s on November 21st, 2013, 11:27 am

It's like grooves where the teeth indent. Honestly my friend, I know what you're worried about and it's irrational. Get the bulbar fears out of your mind. You would KNOW if you had bulbar, you would have serious trouble pronouncing words and others would notice or you would have serious issues swallowing.
The chances of someone younger than 50 presenting with twitches before weakness, no speech or swallowing problems, a clean exam, clean EMG and no familial history of als getting bulbar is so so slim that it makes no sense that you would even worry about it.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on November 21st, 2013, 11:34 am

Youre right Emmie... your right ... Geeez I need to stop being anxious guy and be chilled guy or something ... I used to be so chilled ... People would say if I was any more laid back I would be lying down lol ... I don't know how that changed, I really don't know.. I think it changed when I got ambitious and hungry for success and always pushed myself hard to do well, maybe that was the problem rather than going more with the flow ! :-s
I know I got more focused on doing better when I had kids as I wan the best for them !! I am doing well now and I am now trying to be that laid back person again but I cant shake the anxiety and irrational fears and worries.
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Steph on November 21st, 2013, 1:40 pm

I have a scalloped tongue, too. I obsessed over it for a couple of weeks until I realized that mine is likely caused from having a very small mouth (I've had years of dental work with teeth pulled, headgear, braces twice to try to remedy the problem). My tongue doesn't seem to have enough room and is constantly pushed against my teeth. There are MANY causes for a scalloped tongue, the least likely of which is a nasty disease. That type of scalloping is due to atrophy. If your tongue is atrophied enough to present at scalloped, you would have much larger problems than a scalloped tongue (difficulty speaking, eating, loss of strength, etc.).
Steph

Postby Anxious guy on November 21st, 2013, 1:52 pm

Thanks for the reassurance Steph... It's strange looking as its more on the right side, it looks really scallopped when it's in my mouth but not too bad when sticking out.
Like you say there are many reasons it could be like that ...
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on November 27th, 2013, 12:07 pm

My tricep twitch that was going at it ever 1-3 seconds finally went away after 10 days straight but it only left for a week or so as its been constant for 5 days !!
Does anyone else have hot spots that come and go like that ? It's the exact same spot ! My tongue is not just as often now but it still does it too .. Which has been 11 weeks or one thing now !!
Calves are going bonkers pretty much all the time too...
I really thought I had calmed enough to stop this twitching ...
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on December 1st, 2013, 4:03 am

Ok now my tricep is actually sore ... It's like a dull ache about the same place where the twitch is...
Does other BFS people get that ? I feels like I have strained it slightly but I haven't lifted anything heavy !
Tricep is stil twitching every couple of seconds....
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on December 1st, 2013, 8:52 pm

Yes, many report soreness and/or fatigue. Nothing to worry about.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on December 1st, 2013, 8:56 pm

It's an involuntary workout, so yes, soreness is almost to be expected. I would get that a lot on my calves.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on December 2nd, 2013, 1:21 am

emmie.s wrote:It's an involuntary workout,

lol Yes it most certainly is, Emmie! I always said that one of the reasons I like my BFS is that I must burn more calories now than I did pre-BFS.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on December 2nd, 2013, 7:29 am

Thanks for that guys....I like to ask when slightly new feelings or symptoms pop up ...
I am actually getting that warm feeling on my leg more often... had it on the back of my hand too... Just a warm sensation.. Strange..
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on December 9th, 2013, 3:35 am

I was out shopping in town yester and on my feet for 5 hours...
My sciatica pain in my leg is sore lying down or sitting and various other ways but it wasn't sore walking about all day for 5 hours !!
I now have woke this morning with my sore leg twitching more than my other leg :-s even had a hot spot on the too led side of my foot !!
Am I right that pain is not indicative of the really bad stuff ?? I was under the impression it wasn't and if I am really sore there and twitching a bit more frequent on that leg than before with a new foot hot spot buzzing away is that still ok ?
You all know I had normal clinical, EMG & NCS 4 weeks ago so again sorry to ask but if something wasn't right on that level it would have showed ... Right ?

Don't know why I worry but with the pain being bad and more twitching it makes me ask the question..
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby emmie.s on December 9th, 2013, 8:13 am

I'm of the belief that inflammation can cause twitching, so it makes sense you're twitching now if your muscles are sore and inflamed from being on your feet all day yesterday. Maybe try some ibuprofen and see if that helps?
Yes pain as you describe would point away from something sinister.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on December 9th, 2013, 1:41 pm

Thanks Emmie.... That's good about my sciatic pain pointing away from bad stuff ...
My doc just prescribed me 10mg amitriptyline for the nerve pain I have ...
Has anyone else had that medication ? It seems to be an antidepressant but they don't use it much for that any longer and use it for nerve pain !
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics