Tricep 24/7 hotspot is gone today but....

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tricep 24/7 hotspot is gone today but....

Postby Anxious guy on November 7th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Ok so my hot spot on the tricep that was going every few seconds vanished today and my arm felt kinda slightly achy so I thought I better test the strength for some reason so I dropped and done 30 press ups and guess what .......
ITS BACK !!!! Geeez how can this be ???? 30 press ups ???? OMG I cant even do exercise or they come back :-S
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Re: Tricep 24/7 hotspot is gone today but....

Postby Anxious guy on November 7th, 2013, 2:18 pm

Update ..... It calmed down after a couple of hours lol
The arm feels kinda achy :-s
Maybe that's part of BFS ? It's not sore just a bit achy but I huess it's been twitching constant for 9 days or so... And I was doing press ups etc every day to test strength lol
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby MarioMangler on November 7th, 2013, 2:20 pm

You will notice sooner or later that twitches mean nothing of significance and there is nothing actually wrong with you. And that all strength tests do is make your muscles tired and make you more twitchy and achy.

It isn't until people end the silliness of strength tests that they finally start to mentally recover from BFS.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on November 7th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Thanks for advice mario ! I'm actually in a dilemma if I should cancel the emg appointment next week as its costing me £350 which is about 600 us dollars I think !!
The neuro said he wouldn't bother but I was do anxious at the start I asked for it and he agreed !
It's a lot of money...
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby MarioMangler on November 7th, 2013, 5:02 pm

I don't think anyone here should ever get an EMG. All it is is a waste of money. If you hang around this board long enough you will realize that BFS follows a very predictable pattern and it always ends the same and nobody ever has anything actually wrong with them. Every person's story ends exactly the same. Whether you choose to plunk down $600 on an EMG or not, that is up to you, but in the end it won't change your BFS experience much. You are still going to have BFS afterwards, and then you will start worrying that you got the EMG too early. I have seen it hundreds of times.

Personally I would take the $600 and I would spend it on a vacation. It will probably help you more. :D
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on November 7th, 2013, 5:35 pm

I think I'm going to pass on the emg ... If my neuro didn't think I needed it who am I to say I do ?? Sure my new place to twitch is my tongue but he wasn't that excited about that ... And I've seen loads of others who do the same on this forum !
I think I will use the money towards Xmas and good times with my family :-) I'm off for 2 weeks over Xmas and it will be the first Xmas with our 7 week old girl and our 2 year old will love it !!
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS