Tongue twitches on the tip / body twitches too !

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Tongue twitches on the tip / body twitches too !

Postby Anxious guy on October 29th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Thanks John, hyper vigilance is right !!! Looking for something all the time and those random twitches that would have been ignored are now being counted and with every one that happens it elevates anxiety !! I'm looking at my tongue thinking is that more scalloped than usual etc ... But I know for a fact I always press my tongue against my teeth and my too teeth always touch my tongue, I just didn't care until it started to twitch !
Now I'm getting a slight cramp in my right arm were the slow persistant twitch has been happening for the last few days but again I've read people get cramps if its a hot spot ! I am quite calm right now and trying to let it all just disappear !
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on October 30th, 2013, 2:21 am

Ok new symptom...... Im actually achey all over arms and legs :-s
Feel like I've got a cold or something ! Even some joints feel achey !!
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on October 30th, 2013, 3:59 am

dont worry, I had exactly the same feeling few days ago :) it is fibro most probably :) in few days you would feel better.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on October 30th, 2013, 6:32 am

The one that`s really started to annoy me is the twitch on my right tricep as I mostly cant feel it but if I look at it its just going up and down slowly !!!
its been a few days of that one now !! uhhhh.....
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on October 30th, 2013, 7:06 am

Just remember a writing on the King Solomon's ring: "This will go away" (And this too) - on the other side :)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on October 30th, 2013, 7:34 am

His ring ?? On the other side huh ?? I haven't heard this saying before .... sorry if that seems unintelligent lol
Are you basically saying it will pass and that's just another way BFS works ? I freaked as its slow ... I rolled up my trousers to look at my calf's and if you look long enough you see more ... maybe that's just the way it is from time to time ...
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on October 30th, 2013, 8:18 am

Yep, it is an old proverb or legend that King Solomon had a ring with the wise writing saying "All would be gone... and this too" or so, becasue he was so reach and wealthy and famous, so he did it in order not to be too proud :) Wise guy anyway!

BFS acts really in that way: you have a symptom, then it goes away, and you have new one, and new one, and new one... and each and every would come and go away :)))

I understand you well, since I had BFS, I got used to look at my body with 10 times more attention, and holy crap, I found so much of strange things which mostly appearad to be absolutely innocent :))))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on October 30th, 2013, 8:22 am

I read on here somewhere that slow twitches weren't as good as fast ones or something but you reckon its all the same ? feel it or not fast or slow ? I seem to get all kinds...
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on October 30th, 2013, 9:12 am

you should really remember that nothing is BAD SIGN unless you do not have associated neurological deficite.
For example, if you suddenly can not rise your hand and there are no ripples on it - you may say -ooops, stroke. If you suddenly can not rise your hand and you see slow ripples on it which you can not feel - than it is bad sign, telling something is really wrong with your anterior horns. If you suddenly can not rise your hand, and your other hand (still working) shows ripples, then maybe it is a bad sign...

if you experience twitches which are slow, fast, you feel them or you do not feel them, they are concentrated or widespread, no matter - it is BFS. Clinical deficite is a bad sign, not twitches. If your limbs are functional, then you are ok and just twitchy.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on October 30th, 2013, 3:19 pm

Thanks again for the reassurance !! I'm actually feeling almost normal mentally again !! Just the discussed hot spots still going but after hearing so many similar stories from everyone it really does ease me!!
:-)
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on November 4th, 2013, 2:31 am

Ok the muscle just above my elbow on the tricep side is still constantly moving and it's been at least a week !
It's keeping me awake at night wondering why it's constant (every few seconds sometimes) on the same spot ! It seems to twitch more when my arm is straight but maybe I feel it more when it's straight !!! Tongue is also still doing it... Also still getting random ones all over, some days better than others !
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby john jackson on November 17th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Dude, 15 months of twitches everywhere plus 6 of tongue hotspots. They started right after the birth of my daughter, AND I'm a neurology resident. Just be smart enough to build a mental bridge between the things and you'll feel relieved.
J.
john jackson

Postby Anxious guy on November 18th, 2013, 2:40 am

John that's exactly when mine started !! 2 weeks after the birth of my 2nd daughter... I had felt the odd sensation or twitch on the tip of my tongue for months prior to it going persistent all the time.. My tricep one stopped after 10 days or so but my calves are really active ... Crawly sensations and twitches... Loads that I can see but don't really feel as they are so slight and I also get the ones I can feel too as they are a big stronger..
I am trying to do what you said and I think I'm slowly getting there !
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on November 20th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Tongue still twitching but hasn't been too busy the past few days as most of the activity is in my calfs but the right tricep twitch is back ! Slowly pulsing up and down... Round I go on the marygoround !! Geeez who's onboard the twitchy train ??
I would like to get off now please .. Hello driver it's my stop !! Lol

This is bonkers, I twitched years ago but nothing like this this !! Sure I had a chin hot spot for a few months but this is silly now !! Tongue tip always at it, my calves are crawling and I get random ones all over head to toe !! Even my lips were at it after my dinner !! And does anyone's tongue have a scalloped side / sides especially noticeable when the tongue is resting in your mouth? When mines resting I see big teeth marks / grooves more on the right where my teeth press against my tongue !

Inhale .... Hold 1,2,3 & 4 .... And exhale !!! Repeat until calm !!!
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on November 21st, 2013, 2:13 am

No I have woke up with my top lip twitching really fine and so fast it feels like a light vibration or buzz... :-(
This is difficult to deal with, it just changes and gets worse then a little better then worse again!
When I sneeze or blink hard my eyes are very sensitive to twitching too !
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics