Question about foot pain?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Question about foot pain?

Postby blue123rd on October 22nd, 2013, 5:29 am

Is it true that BFS affects one side of the body more than the other. I'm in my fourth year of this and the twitching rarely shows its ugly head anymore. MY left arm i feel is not as strong as the right and more importantly the left foot and at times from the knee down pains, vibrates etc. It was like that back in the summer of 2012. It was that bad i purchased an automatic car over a standard not knowing for sure it would improve. It went away for roughly 2 years and now its back again. Are there any supplements exercises anything that will improve my symptoms? I also from time to time have a pinched nerve in my lower back that radiates down that leg. Could it be from that or are there people with similiar issues with BFS? Thanks and have a great day.
blue123rd

Re: Question about foot pain?

Postby BFSBurger on October 22nd, 2013, 11:10 am

There are too many possible variables. For me, the left leg and foot pain went away as I began doing treadmill walking 5 minutes a day every couple days, then slowly increasing that over time. For you, if you have some sort of spinal nerve pinch, then walking on a treadmill might agitate it. So I am not sure what advice to give. Lower back pain radiating down the leg is the very definition of Sciatica, so you may have that problem. My buddy has had it for many years and says he gets amazing relief from simply hanging by his hands from a bar for several minutes a day. I too had lower back severe pinching pain and this really helped me. Although I couldn't hang longer than 30 seconds at a time :) I would just keep doing it.

I had the vibrating and shooting pains too. For me, for whatever reason, my dietary changes played a big role in helping this. Increased healthy fats, avoided inflammatory foods, etc. Basically went Paleo (with rice/potatoes). My first symptoms to go when i did diet changes were the nerve pains and sensory issues. But that's just me. The lower back pain remained the longest, and may not be related to BFS at all (for me). Now I just am very careful working out. Baby that area of my back no matter what exercise I am doing, and do the hanging thing periodically. It helps a lot. A quick initial course of Aleve or Ibuprofen for a week or two may be a really big help as well. Sometimes you have to stop the inflammation for a week or two before things can settle down and begin to heal.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

-BFSB-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Re: Question about foot pain?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management