Was doing fine until.....

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Was doing fine until.....

Postby Tiber2011 on October 11th, 2013, 9:02 pm

....I had a tooth removal on Monday.

I had a fear I might get more fasics. I had a fear I could induce MS.

I kept telling myself that 3 neuros said no ALS and no MS.

Instead, my face hurts. I am on Lyrica, Lexapro and now penicillin.

My throat has fasics now! I never had them there before. I also have wavy fasics around the mouth, and my legs....wow. Blew up. Thumping in the thighs when I squat, buzzing on the side of the knees, racheting from hamstrings, twitching in calves. Fasics even returned to my ankles. My fingers feel stiff on-and-off, especially while typing or texting.

I want to call my ophthalmologist to make sure I don't have optical neuritis....I usually see LED signs in 3-d like fashion due to myopia and an astigmatisim. Yesterday and today, I saw two backlight LED signs that seemed to float in my vision. I went for a long bike ride, and I sort-of felt better.

As I type this, the fingers towards the end of my left hand seems to get a little stiff. I am fearful of PP MS.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Was doing fine until.....

Postby emmie.s on October 12th, 2013, 5:04 am

I'm sorry you're experiencing more symptoms than usual. My second bout of BFS (I had it in 2009 first) was this past march after a wisdom tooth removal. So yep, it may have to do the immune system and anasthesia or something...Who really knows? What we do know is that since your symptoms are clearly triggered by certain things, it is BFS and not something sinister.
Also, and goes without saying, but you don't get MS by getting a tooth pulled...a trip to the eye doctor will hopefully give you peace.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Tiber2011 on October 23rd, 2013, 7:41 pm

emmie.s wrote:I'm sorry you're experiencing more symptoms than usual. My second bout of BFS (I had it in 2009 first) was this past march after a wisdom tooth removal. So yep, it may have to do the immune system and anasthesia or something...Who really knows? What we do know is that since your symptoms are clearly triggered by certain things, it is BFS and not something sinister.
Also, and goes without saying, but you don't get MS by getting a tooth pulled...a trip to the eye doctor will hopefully give you peace.

Things have calmed down (a little)...and the visual things I think are related to my new glasses.
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management