Terrified for first EMG

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Terrified for first EMG

Postby Steph on October 10th, 2013, 3:11 pm

Hi all,

I have my first EMG scheduled for tomorrow morning and I am freaking out. I will also get the results of blood test looking at CPK and possible deficiencies in calcium, magnesium, and potassium. I know it likely just BFS and everything will be fine. But, I have this constant nagging fear that the CPK will be high and the EMG will indicate you know what. I am practically crippled with fear today as I count down the hours (18.5 until my appt.). I am not afraid of the actual test, needles don't scare me. I am petrified of the results. I know no one on here has a crystal ball and you can't tell me definitively that my results will all be normal. I was hoping just writing down and sharing my fears would help alleviate them. Since many of you have been here before, I also think you can empathasize.

Steph
Steph

Re: Terrified for first EMG

Postby RGB on October 10th, 2013, 4:40 pm

I can empathise, it's not pleasant (psychologically). I can also wish you good luck and at the same time say that luck has nothing to do with it as all the evidence suggests you have v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v. little to worry about!

Tomorrow lunchtime you'll be another "clean-EMG-er" just like hundreds of people here.

RGB
My history....Jan '13: Widespread Twitches. May 13': Unremarkable Neuro Exam. Jul '13: Clean EMG. Oct '13: BFS Diagnosis Today's Date: Twitching and Healthy!
RGB
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Terrified for first EMG

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS