Pain in two places

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Pain in two places

Postby MStew on October 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Hi everyone. I've been twitching since August 2011. Clean EMG in Oct 2011 and another in March 2012, and my situation is much like everyone else's here. Unfortunately, I'm still dealing with bouts / relapses in anxiety, which I'm trying to manage (coming here can help :).

From day one of this, I've had pain and/or cramping in my left upper arm and right calf. It tends to come and go, although it's been sticking around a lot longer lately. The arm is most often very specific...almost like I just had a shot, and I can put my finger on exactly where it hurts. (Side note, I've also had intermittent finger tip pain on occasion..very strange). Right now it's more widespread though - more down my arm, and more in the upper shoulder and back area. Meanwhile my calf pain is like a cramp that doesn't go away -- and occasionally, I have a sensation like something is wrapped around my calf (when there isn't). Now these two areas are most certainly my twitching hot spots. I twitch in other places, too - but they seem to like these two spots, A LOT. My left shoulder has been twitching for about a week straight now, which is unusual, and I guess what's making my arm hurt more than usual?

I am a very regular exerciser (run 4 miles, 4 times a week, cycling, lifting, swimming etc.) and haven't noticed change in strength, but I do feel this pain nagging at me while I'm working out (and after).

Anyone have symptoms like this - regular pain in two places?
MStew

Re: Pain in two places

Postby Englishtwitcher on October 24th, 2013, 5:25 pm

I do. It's what has made me so anxious. I get a sore thumb and hand (right) and a weird tight clicking left knee and twitchy calf.
Englishtwitcher
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Pain in two places

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management