Alkalinity / Acidity

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Alkalinity / Acidity

Postby DutchBoy on September 16th, 2013, 4:13 pm

I'm new to this forum - 31-M been suffering w/ **S anxiety for close to 9 months now (body-wide twitching, tinnitus, upper back pain, joint pain, the works).

I was just wondering since people have experienced improvement in their symptoms by eating healthier, if they've given any thought to the acidity or alkaline levels of their food intake?

I drink a lot of diet soda, and while I've been eating healthy, I've experienced no improvement in symptoms. Because of soda's acidity, the body has to restore to an alkaline state by depleting minerals from bones and muscles.

After switching to a higher vegetable/fruit intake, and drinking high ph water (and cutting out soda), I've noticed a mild improvement in my overall symptoms.
DutchBoy

Re: Alkalinity / Acidity

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 17th, 2013, 8:43 am

This (alkalinity/acidity) is certainly a factor that plays into your body's overall balance. I would not put too much focus on it being the primary factor, but I'm sure if you're out of balance one way or the other it will play a contributing role to your body's overall stress level. One red flag for me reading your post is your comment on drinking a lot of diet soda. Unfortunately our FDA does not do the job many of us would like to think that they are there to do in helping protect us. Artificial sweeteners such as aspartame are neurotoxins. With a neurological condition such as BFS, I'd recommend cutting all artificial sweeteners out. Is this the reason for BFS? I wouldn't go that far, but I do believe every little thing we do either helps or hurts us.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Re: Alkalinity / Acidity

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management