Calves and arches twitchers please respond

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Calves and arches twitchers please respond

Postby Rafael on September 14th, 2013, 7:01 am

Today it s impossibile to count how much twitches have in my calf. I'm so scared. Help
Rafael

Postby StressLess on September 14th, 2013, 7:07 am

Relax. Calf/feet twitches are the most common type of twitches. I get thousands per day in both feet and calves. Chill out :)
StressLess

Postby Rafael on September 14th, 2013, 7:17 am

Tnx friends. Today it s a bad day...
Rafael

Postby Tasnim on September 18th, 2013, 4:22 am

Hi.. All my twitching started in my feet and lower legs. Especially at night, I would get so many foot cramps and leg cramps that I was exhausted during the day. My toes were moving constantly, really painful fasciculations that were more like small cramps, but many times a day I would get a really big one sometimes both feet at the same time. So no walking/going shopping etc for me. Interestingly enough it all started during the most stressful time of my life, after a couple of years of depression and anxiety I finally broke down, and around that time the cramps started. Of course I didn't make the connection until much later.

I found that worrying makes it 100 times worse. I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about. I went to 2 doctors who told me it was "only stress", and finally a neurologist in Sweden who looked seriously confused when I told her about my symptoms. If I had something serious, she would surely have had an idea. I'm still going to see a neuro here in Tunisia where I live now, just to take the last few tests but I'm sure it's bfs. Or perhaps cramp fasciculation syndrome. Problem is, that it doesn't seem to "exist" in Sweden, as the doctor said "everybody has twitches!" and I can't find any info on it on the web.

So, I think you should try to relax, though I know it's not easy. But after about 3-4 years of twitching and cramping that has really put my life on hold (as even stuff like walking, driving etc can be impossible some days) I understand now that worrying and anxiety makes it worse. Also I really thought I was the only one having these twitches/cramps, until I found this forum, and that has really opened my eyes and calmed me down even more. Not that I'm happy about other people also twitching :wink: but now I can put a name to it and know that I'm not alone, it's not serious, and it's not all in my head.

Take care :)
Tasnim
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management