Better on waking up

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Better on waking up

Postby Arkansan on September 1st, 2013, 8:17 am

Does anybody else notice that their symptoms are immediately after waking? The big thing for me is that my hand tremors are much better right after waking, even if I wake in the middle of the night. This kinda freaks me out because I read somewhere that essential tremor is typically worse first thing in the morning, so this makes me worry that mine are better in the morning because they are pd related. Of course I have never read that pd tremors are better right after waking, and I am too afraid to google it and find out. The tremor that I get when I close my hand and then open it quickly is almost non existent first thing during the day, which should make me happy but instead has me worried.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Better on waking up

Postby mwagner on September 1st, 2013, 10:23 am

In regards to twitches and not tremors (which I really only notice when I use my iPhone or try to hold my hand steady) - my twitches are HORRIBLE first thing in the morning.

It's like my twitches want to welcome me to the new day by going completely nuts. Then once I get up and get going, they slow down.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on September 1st, 2013, 10:39 am

Relax. You are probably better first thing in the morning because you are so calm and relaxed. Delta brain waves have that effect. I always felt better after a good meditation for the same reason. Alpha and theta brainwaves are very relaxing and calming in the same way.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on September 1st, 2013, 11:01 am

You know, you are proably right SAM, I just had a heated debate with my mother and noticed that the tremor when I open my hand was far worse. About 20 mins after though and it is a good bit better. I notice some improvement after meditating as well.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management