Burning Skin - Help!!

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Burning Skin - Help!!

Postby nicknes on August 11th, 2013, 4:35 pm

As a fellow engineer, I felt time to chime in. Haha. Actually I have been looking up "floating warm spots o legs and arms" the past few days online. I do not get the intolerable burning you described but have been noticing movin warm spots that you can feel by touching. I too have been considering food allergies althought I'm 39 and have never had them before. I also have read that stress can cause flush warm sensations. I have only been at this BFS thing for about a month or two, so I have no answers unfortunately, but wanted to let you know your not alone in your frustration and curiosities. I am conteplating Alternative medicine as my next step. I have also been looking into meditation training for stress. I'm in Columbus Ohio and have heard of respected Doctor in town but I'm not sure he's accepting patients. Hang in there, we are all going through this stuff together.
nicknes

Postby SecretAgentMan on August 11th, 2013, 6:46 pm

I posted the doc's info in your thread on the support group page. Don't rule out new allergies because it happened to me at the age of 30. The good news is that there are ways to overcome allergies if you go to the right help. I don't think everybody here has allergies contributing to their symptoms, but in my case they were a part of it. It shouldn't be discounted or dismissed because although they are not the cause, they certainly make your life hell if you don't work with them. The doc I referred you to here in Dayton knows what he's doing in this area and can help.

There do seem to be a lot of engineers who find their way to this forum. I don't think it is much of a coincidence that engineers also tend to be overly analytically in every aspect of their lives. For people who are new to meditation and want to learn the ropes I'd recommend joining a meetup group through the www.meetup.com website. This is what I did and it was of huge help. Just do a search in your area using the key word 'meditation' and you should see a bunch of different groups pop up. The demographics vary widely so there's usually something for everyone. I like meetup because the groups are free to join and it's a great way to meet people with a common interest. I benefited greatly from the knowledge and experience from people who had been doing meditation for years. In fact, many of my closest friends are people I met through my meditation meetup group here.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby christo on August 12th, 2013, 2:44 am

Sorry, this is a little bit off the main subject but... we can't all be engineer, that's crazy ! I also am IT engineer and almost everyone on the french part of the board is engineer. I think this should be analyzed to see if it's statistically significant...
christo
Hero
Hero

Postby MarioMangler on August 12th, 2013, 3:41 am

I am guessing a bigger statistical correlation would be that most people that wind up with BFS are quite smart. Maybe not all engineers but I bet the collective IQ around this board is ridiculous. Seriously, have you ever met a BFS person who you would even say was below average in intelligence? Which pretty much backs up my belief that if we were all dumber, we wouldn't really be able to set our bodies off with BFS symptoms. We're all just a little bit too brain-wired for our own good.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on August 12th, 2013, 4:32 am

yes we can Christo, I am a chemical one :)))
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management