Quotes - I couldn't describe it better

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Quotes - I couldn't describe it better

Postby andman on July 23rd, 2013, 2:43 am

When searching the forum there were some posts that exactly describe how I feel now. I am amazed that someone else described so accurately what I experience now. Am I entering the next level of BFS, or it has alwas been like this, but I have noticed it lately - movement induces twitches. Those induced twitches are always strong series of flutters or thumpers moving big parts of the muscles - tricep, bicep, pectoral, forearm, back and front of shoulder...
What do you think about this?

TwitchyDoc
I often do get twitching in especially arms and shoulders in the morning when I change my position in the bed. Generally I think it happens if the muscle is not used for a while and then I suddenly use it. My upper arms often "jumps" for a few seconds after stretching.

jerry2
Last few weeks I have a symptom in my arms and hands that if at night for example I move around when my shoulder is pressed starts twitching. Or if I stretch my hand (grab someting tightly) and then after release my biceps muscle twitches for a few times.

TwitchyDoc
Well I am kinda nervous as everytime I strongly flex (open wide and push, just stretch strongly) my arms, they go like crazy along with my shoulders. I know some of us do report twitching after stretching, but to me it seems its getting worse. Anyone?

bobajojo
When I first wake up in the morning, I do that stretch where I put my arms up over my head and point my toes. When I do that, forget it... .... My shoulders will flutter, lower back, forearms,

TwitchyDoc
I am going through quite a bad relapse and I still feel that I am bit different than the rest of you/us. My fasciculations are most severe in my arms, shoulders and trunk. They are not continuous but nearly everytime I move them, my biceps will twitch. The same for shoulders so it is often like 20 series per hour (by series I mean sequences of 10-X twitches).
andman

Re: Quotes - I couldn't describe it better

Postby johnnythejet on July 23rd, 2013, 12:40 pm

andman wrote:When searching the forum there were some posts that exactly describe how I feel now. I am amazed that someone else described so accurately what I experience now. Am I entering the next level of BFS, or it has alwas been like this, but I have noticed it lately - movement induces twitches. Those induced twitches are always strong series of flutters or thumpers moving big parts of the muscles - tricep, bicep, pectoral, forearm, back and front of shoulder...
What do you think about this?

The ability to induce twitching via movement (as well as other things) is very common in BFS. I can't even ballpark how many times this has been discussed....loads.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Karenmg on August 12th, 2013, 10:08 pm

I have had twitches in my calves for years. I now have a pronounced twitch in my left arm tricep and bicep. I'm going to try acupuncture if anything for the stress. Always thinking its going to progress to some neuro disease. It's hard to try to sit and watch tv when u are watching your twitches. Feels like the electrical system in my body is off. I feel for everyone with muscle tremors and twitches they can't control
Karenmg
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management