arm pain

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

arm pain

Postby blue123rd on June 4th, 2013, 5:31 am

I was at a line up in a store on Friday night for about 15 minutes holding a trailer hitch in each hand. After getting checked in my left arm felt a little numb , painy etc. It still feels that way today and around my elbow all weekend were the biggest twitches i've had since the 3 years have passed. What can i do or is their anything i can take to relieve the symptoms. Is exercise good or bad for it?
blue123rd

Re: arm pain

Postby muppetdog on June 4th, 2013, 11:41 am

If it's that kind of overworked nerve-type type pain, I, and probably others on the board have had that before. Ever since I have started twitching my legs and arms go numb really easy - If I sit on them wrong, lay on them wrong, or overwork them to much.

The thing I usually do is jump in a nice hot bath with some Epsom salts. I also find a couple stretches that target the sore or number area (stretching seems to also help if you have the "cell phone" buzzing in places.) It might take a while to go away but it seems to work. When stuff like that happens to me I always make sure I am getting enough sleep, number 1, and use the hot bath and stretching technique. If it gets really sore, I use Tylenol (acetaminophen). I am not a big fan of NSAIDs but see what works for you.

I am not sure how long that symptom can last, I have had it before. In fact when a lot of this started my hands and feet would go numb and get the pins and needles stuff for days. I was like "yep, I'm dead." Any way, that didn't happen, and I think what was really going on, along with the twitching nerve stuff that I have never figured out, was that I was laying around too much and my muscles were starting to get tight, constricted and de-conditioned.

Now a days I don't get the numb stuff that much but I try to stretch a lot. I do get the warn out muscles for now reason feeling, but I think I might be able to get rid of that with a some well planed weight training.

Hope any of that helped
MD
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: arm pain

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management