Anyone try carbamazepine?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Anyone try carbamazepine?

Postby danny13 on May 26th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Hello all, been doing lots of research and some people have said that carbamazepine has helped their symptons. Anyone try this drug? and if yes...how did it work for you?
Danny
danny13

Re: Anyone try carbamazepine?

Postby chrissi on May 27th, 2013, 2:15 am

You can give it a try if the twitches really bother you a lot. Carbamezepine is a blocker of voltage gated ion channels on your nerve cells, so if the source of your BFS is here like in chanellopathys, you can have tremenduous effects. An still if membrane potential instability is NOT the original problem, people can benefit from the additional membrane potential "stabilization" but the effects might not be so long lasting. But Carbamezepine can cause some really heavy side effects. I had an anaphlyctic reaction to it and it was really BAD, it scared me and my doctor and I looked like a freak. Caused me 2 or 3 weeks of high dose steroids to get t back to normal. It helped a bit wit the twitches though, but not at all with the tremors , pain and parestesias, so I was not too sad I could not take it any longer.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Re: Anyone try carbamazepine?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management