Definition of a hotspot

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Definition of a hotspot

Postby Brummer on May 18th, 2013, 11:30 am

Hi everybody, i have a short question regarding a hotspot. I'm twitching 24/7 in calves and feet. But this is random. Every twitch at another place of calf and foot. And I have small spots, at hand or biceps, which are different, because I don't have twitches there all over, but only one single spot thats twitching all the time at EXACTLY the same place. Actually there is a spot at my forearm that makes the tip of my thumb moving for seven weeks now. Is this a hotspot? Is a hotspot a twitch at only one single place and in exactly the same place? And is it normal to twitch for weeks at the same small place?
Brummer

Re: Definition of a hotspot

Postby RGB on May 18th, 2013, 7:53 pm

I am not sure your question makes sense (but I am being more polite than that initially sounds!).

Defining something like a 'hotspot', or deciding what is 'normal', doesn't really get you anywhere. It is what it is. Given enough benign twitchers on this forum and enough time then you will probably find some people with similar twitching.

The only question that matters though is : Is it benign?

Assuming you've been checked out and been told it is then why compare the details of the condition? You may have a good reason to, but you may also just be increasing the focus on your body (which is unlikely to help) and increasing your stress levels (also unlikely to help).

All the above is 'constructive dialogue' :)
My history....Jan '13: Widespread Twitches. May 13': Unremarkable Neuro Exam. Jul '13: Clean EMG. Oct '13: BFS Diagnosis Today's Date: Twitching and Healthy!
RGB
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Brummer on May 19th, 2013, 2:06 am

I thought this forum has been established to give people the chance to share their experiences and to get some help from veteran twitchers. This don't seem to be so. So there is no sense to be a member of it.
Brummer

Postby mwagner on May 19th, 2013, 9:41 am

Brummer,

Yes - you defined what I consider a hotspot and I think the vast majority of us have had them. In fact, this whole thing started with a hot spot for me, that went on for days. I have heard people on here that have had them for months. I personally think it feels like an irritated nerve or something. But, they are no more sinister than anything else. It's easy to think they are (I had one last week that went all day and I had lots of anxiety over it, because it just wouldn't stop), but the reality is that they aren't.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on May 19th, 2013, 1:42 pm

I would consider a "hot spot" to be a single spot where twitches occur, almost continuously, or at least repeatedly during the day, for several days, weeks, or even months. Yes, only one spot, and yes, for a long period of time.

It was a pretty simple question, which deserved a simple response. :)

Hope this helped.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby RGB on May 19th, 2013, 3:14 pm

Brummer wrote:I thought this forum has been established to give people the chance to share their experiences and to get some help from veteran twitchers. This don't seem to be so. So there is no sense to be a member of it.

Relax my friend, I gave you my honest answer and you didn't like it. Not the end of the world. I am sure more people will be along to give a response that better suits your needs. I thought I had carefully highlighted that my reply was only ever meant to be polite and constructive, perhaps I didn't do that clearly enough or you missed it.

I could get into a discussion about another important part of a forum is allowing people to give an opinion without others over-reacting, but it probably wouldn't help either of us.

I hope you get the answers you want and remain a member, this forum has certainly helped me and hopefully will do the same for you.

RGB
My history....Jan '13: Widespread Twitches. May 13': Unremarkable Neuro Exam. Jul '13: Clean EMG. Oct '13: BFS Diagnosis Today's Date: Twitching and Healthy!
RGB
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management