Leg Tremor after exercise

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Leg Tremor after exercise

Postby wimpy39jen on May 14th, 2013, 3:28 pm

Hi guys. Me again. I am sorry to keep asking so many questions, but I had previously talked about the hand tremors which it sounds like a lot of folks here get, but now I have got a new symptom which is really worrying me. I exercised for 30 minutes with a cardio tape which does a fair amount of leg work, squats, etc. and I used to be able to do it no problem, however have not done it in awhile and today after completing it when stretching my legs both of them were in a tremor when I lifted the leg up they both shook like you cannot believe much like no exactly like the hand tremors I have been getting. Do you folks with the arm tremors also experience the leg tremors? With rest they have subsided now. but now I am afraid to exercise again. :( Of course I am still twitching away here, but this leg thing is fairly new, they have shook before, but nothing like this and I am scared.
Jennifer
wimpy39jen
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Leg Tremor after exercise

Postby TwitchyMark on May 16th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, I can tell you I have experienced shaking in my legs and arms too upon exercise, tensing, or stretching. I would do pushups and my legs would soon start to tremble and shake halfway in. It eventually subsided... to almost nil right now. But when I stretch my hamstrings now I still get an explosion of rippling twitches in my upper thigh. Keep on using those muscles and be sure to eat well to fuel them. My symptoms hit in the fall so I had the whole winter of relative inactivity to lose all my endurance. It is a struggle now to have to build it all back up again.

Mark
TwitchyMark

Postby wimpy39jen on May 16th, 2013, 3:49 pm

Thanks Mark :D I went for a walk today and came back and my legs are buzzing and vibrating like crazy! I am going to keep on trying to exercise and check my diet like you said. Good advice for sure! Thanks for responding!
Jennifer
wimpy39jen
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TwitchyMark on May 17th, 2013, 12:28 pm

Funny you mention the buzzing Jen. The past few days I had been getting this rhythmic vibrating in my left heel over and over. On for 2 seconds, then off for 2, then on again, like clockwork. Buzz... buzz... buzz. I wanted to answer the cell phone that was going off in my foot. lol! I've had it before elsewhere but never noticed it being continual. Yesterday I took a day off from my bike ride and today I don't feel the buzzing. Weird!

wimpy39jen wrote:Thanks Mark :D I went for a walk today and came back and my legs are buzzing and vibrating like crazy! I am going to keep on trying to exercise and check my diet like you said. Good advice for sure! Thanks for responding!
TwitchyMark

Postby wimpy39jen on May 18th, 2013, 10:53 am

That's how mine started was in my left foot, same buzz buzz break buzz buzz break. Now it has progressed to my arms vibrate and shake and my legs now buzz and vibrate up to the knee cap. I think because I did cardio, then took some walks then went swimming. too much exercise I think. I came down with the flu last night and now I am twitching more then I ever have the whole six months! I vibrated all night long. I thought the bed would take off with me like a rocket ship! This sucks :roll:
Jennifer
wimpy39jen
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby sibelius on May 26th, 2013, 1:44 am

Yes, I find my left leg tremors after strenuous exercise. Moderate exercise is fine. When I try to push it I almost always get the leg tremor. This is the same side I have finger tremors, check tremor and eyelid tremor. However, my leg tremor only occurs after exercise while my other tremors occur at rest. My twitching also seems predominantly to be on my left side but I still experience some right side twitching as well so it is not as exclusive as my tremors seem to be. I also have parathesia that seems to occur mostly on my left side but have had some pins and needles feeling on right side as well. I have had a brain MRI to rule out both a brain tumor and MS. Bouts of anxiety and insomnia make all my symptoms worse.
sibelius
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS