Random aches and pains? Anyone?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Random aches and pains? Anyone?

Postby donegan_himself on May 14th, 2013, 9:07 am

So - I woke up this morning with a terrible ache in my shoulder. It hurts when I rotate it. I noticed last night that my twitches were "active" in my upper arm area and was wondering if anyone knows BFS can cause things like this? I can't think of anything that I did yesterday that could have caused the strain (aside from doing push-ups with my kindergarten students but that was like - 5 of them), so I was a little curious/concerned. Insight? Thanks!
donegan_himself
Interested
Interested

Re: Random aches and pains? Anyone?

Postby SecretAgentMan on May 14th, 2013, 10:22 am

Nothing is certain here. Sometimes all it takes is one awkward movement or one overusage of a muscle group to cause soreness the following day (ie one push up). You may have even slept on it funny during the night. This is a great opportunity to recognize this OCD health anxiety tendancy within yourself and actively work to address it, otherwise nothing will change and you will continue to question every little thing.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on May 14th, 2013, 10:51 am

donegan_himself wrote:So - I woke up this morning with a terrible ache in my shoulder. It hurts when I rotate it. I noticed last night that my twitches were "active" in my upper arm area and was wondering if anyone knows BFS can cause things like this? I can't think of anything that I did yesterday that could have caused the strain (aside from doing push-ups with my kindergarten students but that was like - 5 of them), so I was a little curious/concerned. Insight? Thanks!

yes i have had that happen 3-4 times a month. I have had temporary bouts of what felt like tendonitis in my knee, shoulder, hip, groin, glute tie in, all over really. most times it subsides anywhere from 1 day to a week....my theory was if twitching is heavy or frequent the continual muscle contraction will put strain on the tendons. I would suggest icing the sore spot 4-5 times a day. maybe even take some ibuprofen.

good luck.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS