Tian Ma Gou Teng Wan: its working for me

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tian Ma Gou Teng Wan: its working for me

Postby emmie.s on May 3rd, 2013, 2:42 pm

After saying enough is enough with twitches, leg and foot cramps, anxiety, and sleepless nights full of worry and dread, I went to an acupuncturist. After about 3 sessions, my cramps have greatly decreased, and I twitch only a few times a day, vs. a few times per hour a few weeks ago. In short, my BFS symptoms have improved. He gave me these pills called Tian Ma Gou Teng Wan, please do a google search to see what it is about. In short, something to do with calming the liver. He also gave me some red pills to try, I don't know their name, just a long list of ingredients. However, they seem to calm me down quite well. Its worth a try! Of course don't try and buy anything over the internet, even if it is for sale online, you should still see a good acupuncturist who will provide you with the herbs.
God Bless.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Re: Tian Ma Gou Teng Wan: its working for me

Postby SecretAgentMan on May 3rd, 2013, 3:38 pm

That is excellent news! I think the energy system that acupuncture works with is the missing ingredient in a lot of modern medicine's shortcomings, especially regarding chronic conditions such as BFS. Thank you for sharing.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on May 3rd, 2013, 4:36 pm

I should clarify that I don't know if its the herbs or the acupuncture that's working, but something is and that's what counts. Also, it took about a full week (3 treatments) for me to really feel like I was healing, although I did feel less anxious after the first dose of pills. PTL.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on May 3rd, 2013, 8:55 pm

Human beings are emotional, physical, and energetic by nature and therefore an approach to well-being will usually fail if it does not address each of these areas. I would not suggest someone could heal strictly focusing on the energetic any more than they could heal by strictly focusing on the physical or emotional. If its one thing we learn from observing nature it is that everything is about balance.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby wimpy39jen on May 3rd, 2013, 11:22 pm

I love acupuncture. I go once a week for auricular therapy to treat my trigeminal neuragia since december and it really helps with my chronic pain. I'm so glad you are getting some relief and I wish you well:-)
Jennifer
wimpy39jen
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby BFSBurger on May 5th, 2013, 7:24 pm

Its most likely the pills, assuming they have some sort of sedative-like ingredients. Unfortunately when I read the studies showing that acupuncture only really works on animals, not humans, I opted not to go that route. With humans, who operate on a higher intellectual level, acupuncture only worked as well as a placebo in control groups. So it made no difference, aside from helping them believe they were helping themself, which is powerful in itself. I suppose the reason it works for animals is that it distracts them mentally from whats currently ailing them. This distraction is sufficient to provide some relief for them.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on May 5th, 2013, 8:41 pm

BFSBurger wrote:Its most likely the pills, assuming they have some sort of sedative-like ingredients. Unfortunately when I read the studies showing that acupuncture only really works on animals, not humans, I opted not to go that route. With humans, who operate on a higher intellectual level, acupuncture only worked as well as a placebo in control groups. So it made no difference, aside from helping them believe they were helping themself, which is powerful in itself. I suppose the reason it works for animals is that it distracts them mentally from whats currently ailing them. This distraction is sufficient to provide some relief for them.

BFSBurger, I respect you but you really are making a lot of assumptions and extrapolations here. If acupuncture were only as effective as the placebo rate it would not have lasted 5,000 years nor would it be currently taught at some of the top medical schools across the world, including the United States. There are a plethora of contradictory studies on the subject but that is because many of the people conducting the studies do not fully understand it. When working with the energy system of the body (animal or human), it does not matter what your intellectual level is. Please don't knock it until you've tried it.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on May 6th, 2013, 8:13 pm

I think the needles really do work just as hard as the pills. Honestly, and I say this because I am tapering off the full dose of pills to 1/2 what I should be taking, and still getting great results with the acupuncture. At any rate, I was THISCLOSE to going crazy, and now I am calm and functioning. I figured it was worth a try, and THANK YOU JESUS it was. May God Bless and heal us all.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby chicagobfs on May 29th, 2013, 12:04 pm

Don't thank Jesus ;) thank your acupuncturist !!
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby Adamk on May 30th, 2013, 12:20 pm

I have been to an acupuncturist as well and got some tea pills. I take those with 500mcg of B12 250mcg of magnesium and it greatly decreases my twitches. I just started twitching about 6 weeks ago and still have no idea what caused it. It mostly bothers me when i try to relax.
Adamk

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management