Entire LEFT Hand Tingles, Zaps, Etc. What is this?!

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Entire LEFT Hand Tingles, Zaps, Etc. What is this?!

Postby InvisibleTwitches on April 27th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Hey Guys,

I've been doing better and better.....it's been amazing, touching happiness again and being almost care free and dealing with my BFS rationally

However, the past 2-3 days I've been having a minor freak out..my left hand either tingles, twitches, or zaps with almost any movement.....especially movements with pressure to the hand. This is mainly felt at the top of the hand, but sometimes in the palms or fingertips. As I'm typing, zap zap, tingle, and other weird sensations.

:cry:

The top tingles almost constantly. I'm trying to think here: is this just sensory issues, if so, I'm ok! Or, is this something more....I've never had something like this and I'm trying to handle it well but I'm getting concerned.

-Ryan
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Re: Entire LEFT Hand Tingles, Zaps, Etc. What is this?!

Postby InvisibleTwitches on April 27th, 2013, 3:19 pm

It also doesn't help my anxiety right now that I'm watching the Oakland A's pregame ceremony, they are honoring the 1973 World Champion Oakland A's team --- and then they did a nice thing for Catfish Hunter, their former great starting pitcher, who died of ALS....

:(
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Postby MarioMangler on April 27th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Catfish Hunter's first symptom was that he didn't even have the arm strength to pick up his hunting rifle. His arm just lay there like a limp piece of pasta, it was completely useless for anything. And it just kind of became that way overnight. Does that sound like anything you have? No. Not even close.

The lesson here: Don't draw correlations when there aren't any.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby InvisibleTwitches on April 27th, 2013, 4:45 pm

The lesson here: Don't draw correlations when there aren't any.

Thank you Mario, I agreee. And I've been coping much better with all of this!

I was curious though, are total and complete HAND tingles normal for BFS? It's a totally unique and new symptom for me.

-Ryan
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Postby Floydian on April 29th, 2013, 4:59 am

Hi Ryan, besides pain, tingling was one of my first symptoms. Both arms were tingling 24/7.
It sure is a coincidence but the last few days some (mild) tingling is back again in my hands. Maybe there is some tingling in the air :)
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby InvisibleTwitches on April 29th, 2013, 3:51 pm

And Floydian,

You are 100% BFS, correct?! Nothing else :D

Seems normal then....just been kinda scary because it's new and has been tingling and buzzing on the top of the hand on and off for 3-4 days now
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Postby InvisibleTwitches on April 30th, 2013, 10:41 pm

Still really worrying about this whole left hand tingling and twitching and getting stiff.....I think maybe since this is just "NERVE" stuff, so, it is probably the opposite of ***. and I should rest assured of that.

But I don't really use a computer often -- my job doesn't require this at all - and I thus I don't think I have carpal tunnel or anything of that nature....so I'm confused.

Still, having my hand lock up and twitch and tingle this whole week hasn't been fun or encouraging.

-Ryan
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Postby InvisibleTwitches on April 30th, 2013, 11:13 pm

For example, tingling on the top of my left hand whenever I type....like running through my entire left arm, down to the nerves in my hand, and it's an intense feeling :cry:
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Postby Floydian on May 1st, 2013, 2:47 am

Hi Ryan, your current issues are very familiar to me. They suspected a CTS (carpal tunnel) in my case as I had a lot of related symptoms like tingling, pain, sleeping arms, stiffness and fatigue in fingers/wrists/arms/shoulders. Also with carpal tunnel sometimes twitching can be involved. Had some tests done but all came back negative. Try not to focus too much on what it might or could be. I'm quite sure our issues is related to some nerve issues like disc compressions or bulging discs.
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on May 1st, 2013, 5:23 am

Ryan,
if you are heavily working in the gym, then you have carpal tunnel as much probably as if you'd be a typical PC geek. repetitive arm moting and certain muscle tension is everything you need, cause this is a professional disorder for carpenters (who need a lot of muscular work), and typsts and milkers (who does not have to move a saw for 8 hours daily).
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby InvisibleTwitches on May 1st, 2013, 3:23 pm

So I'm simply dealing with carpal tunnel and nothing more !?
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on May 1st, 2013, 3:25 pm

InvisibleTwitches wrote:So I'm simply dealing with carpal tunnel and nothing more !?

You need to break the addiction from being told you're okay. But since I'm already here... You're okay. :wink:
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby InvisibleTwitches on May 1st, 2013, 3:57 pm

Thanks Johnny,

I've actually been doing much better, finding ways to cope and think rationally, etc. and I understand my history on this forum and all of the great info and knowledge and understanding I've received and why many are frustrated when I come back with new fears.

It's just, even with my progress, this hand stuff was the last thing I needed. I feel like it is losing some function; zaps, locks up, is tight, etc. etc. really weird and setting me back a great deal here...

-Ryan
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management