Neurofeedback/Biofeedback

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Neurofeedback/Biofeedback

Postby ChrisReed on April 25th, 2013, 12:00 pm

Hello,

I am new to this forum and came across this as I was trying to figure out what was causing my leg/calf spasms that appeared this past Sunday and have spread to other areas. I have not been diagnosed or seen a doctor but I am guessing BFS is what it is. Interestingly enough, I am 28 years old, eat healthy, workout obsessively, dont do drugs or drink and somehow I've been hit with BFS.

From what I have gathered, BFS is a neuromuscular disorder or an autoimmune disorder. I am very into health and nutrition and have not tried any of the mentioned vitamins/therapies yet to find relief from these symptoms but I may be aware of something that can help or eliminate symptoms, especially of any anxiety. For the past 6 months I have been undergoing Neurofeedback sessions which is essentially a re-training of the brain to more efficient, productive states. I suffer from stress and anxiety due to work and am wondering if that has anything to do with BFS. The type of Neurofeedback I use is by a company called Zengar and you can google their website. I am a banker by day and have no affiliation to this company. I have seen the amazing and incredible results of Neurofeedback training with anxiety, depression, OCD, autoimmune disorders, autism, sleep disorders etc. Miracles are common in people with severe diseases by training the brain to function better.I began my training with a trainer in Dallas because I did not want to pursue the medication route of feeling drugged and out of it. Zengar's Neuroptimal Neurofeedback is the best of the best. I am only bringing this to everyone's attention because it seems as though the vitamins/herbal remedies are HIT or MISS and nothing works across the board and medications bring side effects. In my own case, I compete in Mens Fitness competition and I refuse to believe I just came down with BFS out of the blue one day which is what seemed to have happened. I believe it is tied to anxiety/stress built up over a period of time. Neurofeedback essentially trains the brain waves and Central Nervous System to function optimally and all sorts of issues simply drop away. Again, I have seen the improvement in my own life after 5-6 months of training and have been reading everything I can about Neurofeedback and autoimmune disorders/neuromuscular disorders. I 100% believe the brain and mind are WHOLE and if one is off kilter it can affect the other negatively.

If anyone is suffering from anxiety do yourself a favor and simply research Neurofeedback and anxiety or check out Zengar's website. I am going to pursue neurofeedback training for BFS now because I believe if you work directly with the brain everything else will fall into place.

One question I do have for everyone is..what do you do to fall asleep at night? That is the biggest obstacle for me right now as the twitching begins as soon as I lay down..Ive read a fan on your legs helps mask the twitching?

Thanks, Chris
ChrisReed

Re: Neurofeedback/Biofeedback

Postby SecretAgentMan on April 25th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Looks very similar to the Neuromodular Technique (NMT) except it uses a computer to generate the frequencies rather than a practitioner going through a series of scripts. More info on NMT at http://www.nmt.md/ which is not unlike many other biofeedback methods (NAET, JMT, etc). This has the potential to be much more efficient with a computer doing the testing, but I can see the potential for shortcomings where a person's responses might not fall into the canned scenarios that are mapped in the computer. Very interesting though, thanks for sharing.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on April 25th, 2013, 2:59 pm

ChrisReed wrote:Hello,

I am new to this forum and came across this as I was trying to figure out what was causing my leg/calf spasms that appeared this past Sunday and have spread to other areas. I have not been diagnosed or seen a doctor but I am guessing BFS is what it is. Interestingly enough, I am 28 years old, eat healthy, workout obsessively, dont do drugs or drink and somehow I've been hit with BFS.

From what I have gathered, BFS is a neuromuscular disorder or an autoimmune disorder. I am very into health and nutrition and have not tried any of the mentioned vitamins/therapies yet to find relief from these symptoms but I may be aware of something that can help or eliminate symptoms, especially of any anxiety. For the past 6 months I have been undergoing Neurofeedback sessions which is essentially a re-training of the brain to more efficient, productive states. I suffer from stress and anxiety due to work and am wondering if that has anything to do with BFS. The type of Neurofeedback I use is by a company called Zengar and you can google their website. I am a banker by day and have no affiliation to this company. I have seen the amazing and incredible results of Neurofeedback training with anxiety, depression, OCD, autoimmune disorders, autism, sleep disorders etc. Miracles are common in people with severe diseases by training the brain to function better.I began my training with a trainer in Dallas because I did not want to pursue the medication route of feeling drugged and out of it. Zengar's Neuroptimal Neurofeedback is the best of the best. I am only bringing this to everyone's attention because it seems as though the vitamins/herbal remedies are HIT or MISS and nothing works across the board and medications bring side effects. In my own case, I compete in Mens Fitness competition and I refuse to believe I just came down with BFS out of the blue one day which is what seemed to have happened. I believe it is tied to anxiety/stress built up over a period of time. Neurofeedback essentially trains the brain waves and Central Nervous System to function optimally and all sorts of issues simply drop away. Again, I have seen the improvement in my own life after 5-6 months of training and have been reading everything I can about Neurofeedback and autoimmune disorders/neuromuscular disorders. I 100% believe the brain and mind are WHOLE and if one is off kilter it can affect the other negatively.

If anyone is suffering from anxiety do yourself a favor and simply research Neurofeedback and anxiety or check out Zengar's website. I am going to pursue neurofeedback training for BFS now because I believe if you work directly with the brain everything else will fall into place.

One question I do have for everyone is..what do you do to fall asleep at night? That is the biggest obstacle for me right now as the twitching begins as soon as I lay down..Ive read a fan on your legs helps mask the twitching?

Thanks, Chris

welcome to the board. how much are the sessions and how many did you do? It appears from your post it helped but did not elminate your BFS correct? a portion of us believe BFS is post-viral or an autoimmune condition exacerbated by anxiety at times.

for some reason this seems like quakery to me...but i haven't tried it so who knows.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby ChrisReed on April 26th, 2013, 10:55 am

I had actually been receiving Neurofeedback for stress and anxiety issues not BFS. Just this past Sunday I woke up with a twitching in my right quad and 2 days later I now have twitching in both calves.

My question to everyone is..were you prone to stress and anxiety before your BFS occured? This would offer insight as to how this may start if we are all highly anxious/stressed individuals.

Chris
ChrisReed

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management