TEETH

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

TEETH

Postby InvisibleTwitches on April 10th, 2013, 10:48 pm

This may seem unusual, but I've done some research on this forum and found that others have had this symptom, yet I'm still worried.

My first fear is because I know little about the genetics of the TEETH...All that I know is that they must have NERVES.

I've been having this constant feeling like I have a cavity on my front teeth, it is a small tingle, comes and goes....I can also describe it as that feeling your teeth get after drinking something EXTREMELY COLD, the TEETH give off a certain effect.

I'm scared about this new development and worried. I want to say....JUST BFS. JUST BFS. But even this seems to weird for BFS.

-Ryan
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Re: TEETH

Postby chrissi on April 11th, 2013, 2:37 am

Eh Ryan please....what scary disease in this world would give you strange teeth sensations??? The problem is not BFS per se. . It is the fact that you are hyper aware of anything in your body, which causes all kinds of strange sensations. Most people here have very low "sensation input thresholds", meaning their brain does not filter sensations correctly. This causes perception of your own pulse as well as many other sensations. Chronic fear is the most common trigger for this. Reading your posts makes me think that your thresholds are rather non-existent than lowered. Please please get professional help, I am serious about this.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Yuliasir on April 11th, 2013, 5:16 am

Nope it is NOT BFS.
it is obsessive disorder, most probably. Sad thing.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on April 11th, 2013, 9:32 am

Interesting trivia about teeth: In Chinese Medicine and acupuncture it has long been known that different groupings of teeth reside on different energy pathways called meridians. Organs that do not have nerve endings for sensations that are upstream or downstream along this energy pathway that are in distress will send nerve sensations to areas of the body that do have nerve endings. For example, if your lungs are in some sort of distress how would you know because you can't feel your lungs. According to the acupuncture system, tooth number 12 in the top left is along the lung meridian and this distress can and does get referred to this tooth. People go to the dentist all the time with tooth sensations where the dentist can find nothing wrong, so the dentist just gives you numbing toothpaste like Sensodyne. Our wonderful medical system at work...

If you were to go to an acupuncturist however and told him which tooth was bothering you, they would know what organs to look for issues with based on which tooth you said was bothering you. Also, just as teeth can reflect problems in other areas of the body, the opposite is also true. Poor dental health can actually cause problems with other organs. How many of you have been to the dentist lately where the hygenist has been bragging to you about the recent studies that show how people who floss are much less likely to experience heart attacks? What do teeth have to do with heart health anyway? Well, hello meridians!

Here is a webpage that shows the meridians and organs that are associated with which teeth: http://naturaldentistry.us/holistic-den ... s-dentist/

Now don't freak out about what organs are in distress. If you're not dead yet there is always time to figure out what is going on and to get it addressed. Just look at the progress you have made today regarding this new information. Sometimes a distressed organ is due to a deficiency in some sort of dietary supplement like a vitamin or minearal. Sometimes its due to a toxicity in the body. It can be structural or even emotional. Emotional issues cause stuck energy all the time and you'd be amazed at how it affects our health. A good acupuncturist will be able to zero in on what the root cause is and will be able to help you develop a strategy to address it.

For those of you who have ever doubted the validity of acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, you may be interested to find out that acupuncture is taught at over 3/4 of the top medical schools in the world and has even recently been adopted by the US military. It blew me away what was capable of being done through Chinese Medicine. Suspend any skepticism you may have and give this a shot. I am eternally grateful that I did. Let me know if you have any questions.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby InvisibleTwitches on April 11th, 2013, 4:18 pm

Thank you All,

Ok, yes...Anxiety, hyper-aware, etc. etc. I agree with that.....I know I have both.

However, this is just WEIRD...3 straight days, nonstop weird feeling on my front teeth. It's irritating and somewhat scary....although, I know that, since this is presumably just sensory stuff, I'm ok!
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on April 11th, 2013, 11:50 pm

It is NOT WEIRD. when you have flu, is a sneezing or high temperature weird?
you have a symptomes of OCD in full blossom. That is how it looks like. Weird felleings EWERYWHERE. Constant search for weird feelings. If there is no weird feelings, searching better in strange places.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on April 12th, 2013, 1:09 pm

chrissi wrote:Eh Ryan please....what scary disease in this world would give you strange teeth sensations??? The problem is not BFS per se. . It is the fact that you are hyper aware of anything in your body, which causes all kinds of strange sensations. Most people here have very low "sensation input thresholds", meaning their brain does not filter sensations correctly. This causes perception of your own pulse as well as many other sensations. Chronic fear is the most common trigger for this. Reading your posts makes me think that your thresholds are rather non-existent than lowered. Please please get professional help, I am serious about this.

Listen to Chrissi. Its to the point that your fears are so ridiculous at times I've wondered if you were for real or a fake. I know that you are for real, but that only means your problem is very severe.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on April 12th, 2013, 1:36 pm

While Chrissi has a very good point about thresholds I would like to reiterate the point I made above about sensory nerve information being deferred to the teeth. The problem may not be psycological, but just not what most people would think. Acupuncture meridians are not woo-woo voodoo or mumbo jumbo, this info is taught in the top medical schools around the world. It's just that most conventional doctors or dentists never learn it or dismiss it. The sensation he is describing may be very real and there for a reason. If you chase the acupuncture meridian lead you may find your answer. It's the fear reaction that gets everyone into trouble.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on April 12th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Yeah, my agreement with Chrissi (and I suspect her point) has nothing to do with teeth and everything to do with the hundreds of posts made by the poster that paint the picture of a very real and severe psychological problem. I don't doubt SAM's knowledge on the subject!
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby InvisibleTwitches on April 12th, 2013, 2:16 pm

I do appreciate the responses and the patience people have had with me here, mixed with the real concern and bluntness.

Despite my irrational fears, I have thick skin, and I've always appreciated every comment I've received here, and I know I need help. And I don't blame people for the tone they take from time to time or for the feeling that I'm a lost cause on this forum.

Again, thank you guys! Honestly, don't know where I'd be without this forum over the past 2 years

-Ryan
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on April 12th, 2013, 2:31 pm

InvisibleTwitches wrote:I do appreciate the responses and the patience people have had with me here, mixed with the real concern and bluntness.

Despite my irrational fears, I have thick skin, and I've always appreciated every comment I've received here, and I know I need help. And I don't blame people for the tone they take from time to time or for the feeling that I'm a lost cause on this forum.

Again, thank you guys! Honestly, don't know where I'd be without this forum over the past 2 years

-Ryan

An admirable position to maintain facing tough love. I do mean tough love too because I think everyone here comes from a position of trying to help you out of genuine concern for your well being. Perhaps you can try taking the perspective of having thick skin and apply it to the areas of your life where you do over-react out of fear. Some people fear what others think of them just as much as you fear for your health. We all have our vices. They are all able to be overcome though. It takes a shift in perspective to do so.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby InvisibleTwitches on April 12th, 2013, 3:09 pm

For example though.....I've noticed over the past few weeks the pinky toes on my left and right foot are curving inward more and more....

Now, and I'm not making this up, my LEFT PINKY toe is smaller. As if it is shrinking. It is smaller than the right pinky toe.

I'M FREAKING OUT........

Could it be some kind of detoriation or muscle loss? :oops:

And, again, with what was just told to me above, what has been told to me before, I know it will be hard for people to take me seriously, BUT I'M REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT THIS.

THIS SUCKS :(
InvisibleTwitches
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on April 12th, 2013, 3:48 pm

InvisibleTwitches wrote:For example though.....I've noticed over the past few weeks the pinky toes on my left and right foot are curving inward more and more....

Now, and I'm not making this up, my LEFT PINKY toe is smaller. As if it is shrinking. It is smaller than the right pinky toe.

I'M FREAKING OUT........

Could it be some kind of detoriation or muscle loss? :oops:

And, again, with what was just told to me above, what has been told to me before, I know it will be hard for people to take me seriously, BUT I'M REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT THIS.

THIS SUCKS :(

This is why you need professional help. There seems to be no end to this behavior. If its not teeth, its toes, or fingers, or a common cold. Honestly, maybe the best medicine is for you to go back and literally re-read every single post you've ever written. That might give you a fresh perspective of the insanity that the sum of those posts represents.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby volfan on April 12th, 2013, 9:36 pm

oh, dear. whatever shall I do. one of my boobs is bigger than the other one.
volfan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby raindog on April 13th, 2013, 5:51 am

volfan wrote:oh, dear. whatever shall I do. one of my boobs is bigger than the other one.
:mrgreen:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Symptom Management