2 years later.

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

2 years later.

Postby trajon_34 on April 7th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Well, I haven't been on this website for over a year and it's been just about two years since my symptoms began. The link below is my original post.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16375

One of the things I appreciated the most was when individuals would come back after a period of time and say how things were going. I'm happy to report nothing has changed. Sure, I'm still twitching but honestly you don't really notice it when you aren't constantly thinking about it. And this is coming from someone that twitches 100's of thousands of times a day. My lower legs and feet are non-stop. I actually wouldn't doubt if it was close to 900,000 a day! Crazy, I know.

My posts might not reflect what I was feeling ( as im great at hiding my true feeling) in the beginning but I was scared to death. And what I've learned is once you can get past that mental burden of constantly thinking about it you will start to get better. For me, that included getting away from this website. It was too much for me as it added to my always thinking about it. I will admit that another reason I stopped posting is because of the few fear mongers who knew nothing about what they were talking about but insisted on trying to make connections that dont exist to influence others to think like them. They are like a cancer and it was too exhausting to try and argue with these people. I realize they are scared but tunnel vision without excepting reality does nothing for the group

Anyway, I just want others to know I'm doing great still running way too much and have moved on. I'll have my moments but for the most part it's in the rear view mirror.

This is a great forum for help but consider shutting it off if you are struggling with letting go mentally and moving on. Not everyone needs this like I did but I'm sure some do. Try starting with a week or month. For me a month turned into over a year. I'll post again in a year or two!!

Take care!
trajon_34
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: 2 years later.

Postby mwagner on April 7th, 2013, 6:06 pm

Thank you so much for coming back and reporting to the rest of us. I'm almost 2 years in (in about 3 months), and remember your post. I'm so glad everything is okay. I have had a bit of a set back with health anxiety in general, including my twitching (anytime something "new" happens). I have to keep remembering that it's been (almost) two years. Your advice is very good and well-appreciated.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby mommylondon on April 7th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Great post Trae...and happy to hear you are feeling good and doing so well...You were a big help to me back in the day simply because we shared similar symptoms.

Keep in touch and take care Trae :D

ML :D
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on April 8th, 2013, 8:41 am

Great to see you are doing well, Trae. Thanks for stopping in!
:)
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on April 8th, 2013, 8:43 am

Great to hear you are doing well. Take care!
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS