Am I ok

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Am I ok

Postby Equinox on March 30th, 2013, 9:58 am

I have seen many neuros and have had clean emgs over the last 10 months. I do have a seemingly smaller right wrist that twitches a few times each day. My right thigh twitches constantly for he last three days and I feel them in my stomach. I also have a dent in the midline of my abs that was not there before. The last emg was January 13. It was clean. Could things change in 3months and these twitches be ALS? Thank you
Equinox

Re: Am I ok

Postby raindog on March 31st, 2013, 2:59 pm

Equinox wrote:I have seen many neuros and have had clean emgs over the last 10 months. I do have a seemingly smaller right wrist that twitches a few times each day. My right thigh twitches constantly for he last three days and I feel them in my stomach. I also have a dent in the midline of my abs that was not there before. The last emg was January 13. It was clean. Could things change in 3months and these twitches be ALS? Thank you

No mate. The sooner you start believing that this is all par for the course of BFS/PNH the better you will be. Looking for dents, watching your twitches and self testing just feeds your anxiety. 7 years in and 2 dirty emg's and i'm still here and in 7 years time you will be too.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Floydian on April 2nd, 2013, 2:04 am

I agree with Raindog, everytime you look in the mirror watching yourself you will, finally, find something what you think it wasn't there before. And then your anxiety will be sky high again and will fill you with negative energy, which will worsen your symptoms. Think positive, 10 months in and still fine, all results of docters are fine.... be thankful for that !!
Floydian
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management