NMDA Antagonist / Magnesium

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

NMDA Antagonist / Magnesium

Postby pbohan on March 30th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Has anyone heard of or had success with an NMDA antagonist besides Magnesium?
pbohan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: NMDA Antagonist / Magnesium

Postby seventhcandle on April 2nd, 2013, 12:25 am

Patrick,

I think gatorade has NMDA antagonist properties, or so I heard from a naturopath. Some people on this site have had success with large quantities of electrolyte drinks like Gatorade, however, it had exactly the opposite effect on me - dramatically increased my twitching. Then again, I have an unusual abundance of food/chemical/environmental BFS triggers, so it'll probably be a safe go for you to try if you haven't done so already.
Been on the BFS journey since 6/26/12...

Twitch way do I go from here?

BFS does get better with time. Almost two years in and able to do almost everything I could do before I had this condition. Still twitching away of course...
seventhcandle
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Healths on April 2nd, 2013, 6:45 am

again...a warning on the nmp site. It's mainly a combination of lunatics running the "asylum", and bullies.
Healths

Postby aztwitchy on April 9th, 2013, 5:53 pm

seventhcandle wrote:Patrick,

I think gatorade has NMDA antagonist properties, or so I heard from a naturopath. Some people on this site have had success with large quantities of electrolyte drinks like Gatorade, however, it had exactly the opposite effect on me - dramatically increased my twitching. Then again, I have an unusual abundance of food/chemical/environmental BFS triggers, so it'll probably be a safe go for you to try if you haven't done so already.

what in the gatorade is a NMDA antagonist? the magnesium?
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management