Vitamin and mineral supplements

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Vitamin and mineral supplements

Postby twitchsenc on March 4th, 2013, 2:21 pm

I am wondering what kind of supplements people here take, and if they find that they help any. I am currently taking a daily multivitamin for men made by Rainbow One, an additional 1000mg vitamin c, and I just started taking 100mg of 5-htp amino acid at dinner. I have been taking the 5-htp with dinner for about a week. It is supposed to increase serotonin and help with anxiety, but I haven't notice much difference. I have also tried taking magnesium taurate for the twitching, but it seems as every time I took the magnesium taurate, my twitching either didn't improve, or it got worse. What kinds of supplements are you taking?
twitchsenc

Re: Vitamin and mineral supplements

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 4th, 2013, 3:37 pm

I'd recommend staying away from the synthetic vitamins like the multi-vitamin that you mentioned from Rainbow One. The best vitamins you can find are in a diet containing lots of fresh organic fruits and veggetables. The next best thing would be naturally derived vitamins that you can buy in the capsule form from most natural health food stores. Synthetic vitamins that you find on the shelves of most supermarkets are often counter-productive to take. They are very difficult for your body to break down and many times are actually toxic because they contain compounds your body cannot use or get rid of efficiently. Always go as natural as you can.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby twitchsenc on March 4th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Thanks Secretagentman. According to the label it is a "food based multivitamin." What do you think about that?
twitchsenc

Postby chicagobfs on March 5th, 2013, 12:28 am

I don't take multivitamin since these usually make me slightly sick. However, I do take vitamin d, magnesium Malate and 5-htp. Also I do take priobiotcs, I try to take around 15 billion a day sometimes I take more. I do juice lately so I should be fine with overall vitamin leveles.
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management