Paleo Food Delivery Service

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Paleo Food Delivery Service

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 1st, 2013, 2:21 pm

BFSBurger wrote:I had a chicken meal from this Paleo thing and had a great day. Symptoms maintaned at an all time low. Almost zero.

Then last night I had the Meatball Marinara with Sweet Potatoes ... and it was like all hell broke loose. The gas was ridiculous .... all night and twitching.

So apparently something in that meal is going to be off limits for me.

Yes, definitely sounds that way. When you start to clean up your diet you will find that the twitching because a really good indicator that you are eating or in contact with something that you are sensitive or reacting to. You know because your symptoms respond.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby ag2002 on March 2nd, 2013, 1:04 am

BFS Burger,

I noticed you mentioned that your twitches got worse with marinara sauce. I have problems digesting marinara sauce, I believe due to the tomatoes. I can handle raw tomatoes better. But, for some reason cooked tomatoes or marinara gives me acid reflux. I haven't notice any difference in my twitching, but it could be a correlation. Have you ever heard of nightshade vegetables. A lot of people have problems with nightshades. Tomatoes are in this category. Read this article about nightshades. It mentions nerve and muscle problems associated with them. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=62
ag2002

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 2nd, 2013, 9:05 am

ag2002, you may be on to something. Your mentioning nightshades stirred an old memory from when I went through this 2+ years ago. Early on I had a problem with tomatoes and other nightshades too (eggplant was another). I had almost forgotten... Anyway, I found a good recipe for pasta sauce that wasn't tomato based if you are interested. Basically you puree zucchini, mix it with olive oil, oregano, and garlic. Mix well and cook on the stove for the flavors to do their thing. It was quite good.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby ag2002 on March 4th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Thanks for the recipe Secret Agent Man. I will give it a try.
ag2002

Postby BFSBurger on March 4th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Ag - no idea What caused the increase in symptoms. I'm actually leaning more towards the beef. I know that red meat is inflammatory by nature. As opposed to chicken. Still shocked they even promote red meat even though it is Paleo diet.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 5th, 2013, 9:04 am

It also helps to express gratitude for your food prior to consuming it. If you've ever read up on the water experiments conducted by Dr. Emoto, as highlighted in the documentary 'What the Bleep Do We Know', the intention and attitude you have towards your food is an energy that carries through it (not to mention the energy that was there to start with) and has measurable impacts at the molecular level. Here two short youtube videos with some more detail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_dmYT83ZKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvzsjcBtx8

As you can imagine, the meat industry in our modern world is a pretty horrible experience for the animals that go through the slaughter houses. Expressing gratitude for your meat prior to consumption can have a real impact in helping counter that negative energy carried through to you, thus impacting how you feel after a meal.

Here is one more that has a good summary of Dr. Emoto's research as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33IiYb8htHk
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby fargo on March 8th, 2013, 8:02 am

so what about salt?

I thought it was good but it seems I will have to do without it
we will see what happens:
http://www.sciencenewsline.com/summary/ ... 60017.html
fargo

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 8th, 2013, 8:55 am

fargo wrote:so what about salt?

I thought it was good but it seems I will have to do without it
we will see what happens:
http://www.sciencenewsline.com/summary/ ... 60017.html

A majority of table salts are mined from the earth, heavily processed to remove minerals, and iodized (iodine added). As with any foods that are heavily processed you replace nature with artificiallity and increase the risk that your body won't know how to properly handle it. Sea salt is extracted through the evaporation of sea water and contains natural trace minerals that are beneficial to our health. Sea salt is not processed much at all. From a perspective compring sodium levels table salt and sea salt are about a one to one, BUT from the perspective of how well your body recieves the two they are night and day. Opt for sea salt any time it is possible and you will be far better off. Its the processing, stripping of minerals, and addition of chemicals that is harming us. Its not the salt itself.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby fargo on March 8th, 2013, 9:36 am

and one more for those who might have overlooked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... O0#at=1022

jeez.. I took 2 pills immediately :)
might be a life saver for some
twitching is nothing compared to this deficiency
fargo

Postby mwagner on March 8th, 2013, 11:06 am

I'm totally wondering if this is my issues (B12). The other day, I was so fatigued, I could barely function. I popped 500mcg of B12, and it was like a cloud lifted off of me. It was truly amazing. So, I asked my chiropractor (I know, I should have a blood test) who muscle tested me and said I'm B12 deficient. I can think of a thousand reasons why I would be. And, I have a number of the symptoms. Between thinking now that this is in part psychosomatic, and now related to possible B12 deficiency, it's starting to make more sense.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 8th, 2013, 11:43 am

Your body takes animal meat protein and converts it to vitamin B12. If you have a deficiency, and you are vegetarian, it is understandable and you should find a suitable natural source of protein. If however you eat plenty of meat and still have a B12 deficiency then your body is having a breakdown in the process. In this case taking a vitamin supplement, especially a synthetic one, is not the long term answer. Again, a skilled acupuncturist should be able to determine where that problem is occuring and what needs to be rebalanced or addressed in order to correct it.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on March 8th, 2013, 12:59 pm

SAM, you think an acupuncturist is the way to go? I was working with my chiropractor with this... Should I see an acupuncturist?

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 8th, 2013, 2:17 pm

mwagner wrote:SAM, you think an acupuncturist is the way to go? I was working with my chiropractor with this... Should I see an acupuncturist?

Mitra

Mitra,

I was blessed to stumble upon alternative medical offices both in St. Louis and in Dayton where both services are offered, chiropractic care and acupuncture/acupressure in one shop. Early on when I was recommending people go see an alternative medicine chiropractor I thought this was more the norm, rather than the exception. As I am becoming more versed in the methods they use to get their patients feeling better, I have been gaining a better understanding as to what is possible and what techniques are used, and what categories the fall in (ie acupuncture or chiropractic). Anyway, I appologize for any confusion I may have caused, but I am still learning myself.

As you are aware from your own experiences with applied kinesiology, there is a vast amount of potential in working with the subtle energy system of the body. Acupuncture and acupressure are the medical fields that work directly with the subtle energy system. Chiropractors can and do use it as well, but if not trained in acupuncture or acupressure are missing out on a huge amount of that potential. I would recommend seeing an acupuncturist who is skilled in applied kinesiology because they can use the acupuncture energy network of the body to diagnose energy blockages and can then use their skill set to stimulate the appropriate areas to return balance. Its even better when you have an acupuncturist who is also a chiropractor because energy problems can very easily be tied to structural issues, just as they can be caused by diet issues, defficiency issues, and so on. Everything is connected and inter-related.

I know your chiropractor has done a lot to help you feel better, but you've been seeing him for a while now and should be experiencing more improvement (assuming you are following all his dietary advice, etc). Perhaps there is an issue or some issues that are deeper seeded in your energy system that he is simply unaware of because it does not fall under his area of expertise. I can only speculate. It might be worth looking into though.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on March 8th, 2013, 4:06 pm

My chiropractor does work with acupressure points. But no acupuncture at all. What he does with acupressure points has been completely amazing (cleared sinus infections for me, made my laryngitis go away, etc.). I'm afraid of moving away from his treatment, because I know he's one of the best there is with applied kinesiology (he's considered one of the forerunners in the field and teaches other chiropractors in the country/internationally). I do worry, though, because of his popularity that he doesn't focus on me as an individual enough...so I might benefit from making a change. In his defense, I haven't done a lot of what he has asked me to do (take Vitamin D, thyroid blood tests - which I intend to do soon, and follow up on my adrenal tests, etc.). Sigh... I wonder if he would just recommend an acupuncturist who would work with me? Most of my luck with acupuncture has been bad. I've spent so much money on it, with little to no results (along with Chinese Herbs). In these cases, I don't think I've seen very good acupuncturists.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on March 8th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Acupuncture is the same as acupressure, except one uses needles, the other uses fingers. They are one in the same for the most part. Whether your energy system is being stimulated by needles or fingers makes no difference. Perhaps you just need to follow his advise more carefully. I know when I made the commitment to give alternative medicine a shot, I went in 110%. I even gave up drinking beer, which was hard for me because I just had started getting into home brewing my own recipes... Not to mention the social ramifications it had on me for the happy hours I liked to attend with friends. I still went but it was hard to drink water when everyone else was sampling different beers.

The energy system of the body is capable of some pretty amazing things when a properly skilled doctor does work on it, but it is not the end all/be all. The energy system influences the physical, but it does not transcend it. You still need to take steps with the physical such as eliminate toxins, inflammatory foods, address deficiencies, exercise, and maintain a healthy attitude/stress level, etc. Similarly, you can't get better by only addressing the physical if you have something energetic preventing you from getting better. Everything is related and connected.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management