Foot Drop or Aniexty

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Foot Drop or Aniexty

Postby JStanz on February 27th, 2013, 6:47 pm

Hello everyone,

I went to the GP and he told me the twitches were nothing to be concerned about. I am now thinking my right leg/foot is feally funny (mostly my big toe, but no toe dragging or tripping). I was thinking about going to the foot doctor for an appointment - do you think I am being overally obessed with this. Obviouly went on the internet and did all the home test - i.e. heel walking, toe walking, jumping and running down stairs, balancing on one feet - all were a passed fine.

Thanks and God Bless,

Joe
JStanz

Re: Foot Drop or Aniexty

Postby Yuliasir on February 27th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Hi Joe,

for the sake of mind peace you may go and check your foot, but you should know that foot drop has nothing to do with fingers and weird feelings, it is impossibility to hold a foot straight and acting as a support for the rest of the body. People with foot drop usually prominently limp and of course they can not use the foot properly (stand on it, walk on it, especially on toes and heels).

Vice versa, weird feelings in the fingers of all four limbs are so frequent in BFS.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby JStanz on March 1st, 2013, 11:00 am

Hi,

Went to the foot doctor and he had me walk up an down a few times. Told me no gate change and it was fine, other than I have flat feet. Showed him I can talk on toes and heels without a problem (although he didn't even ask me to). Seems normal. I would image this mean no foot drop symptons - correct? My only fear is that it can show up later, but I imagine this is just my health aniexty.
JStanz

Postby Yuliasir on March 1st, 2013, 11:14 am

no, foot drop is not subtle, as well as other ALS symptomes. it is quite prominent, so you should not be afraid. Remeber that toes are the most loaded bones in the body so they often can be painful, numb etc. especially if you have a flat feet. It has nothing common with the foot drop.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management