Dizziness

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Dizziness

Postby JStanz on February 20th, 2013, 8:20 am

Hi Folks,

I have stopped twitching for a few weeks now but seem to have some slight dizziness now. it comes and goes but never effect my balance, I can still jump, run up stairs, balance on one foot, etc... Is dizziness a sympton on als? Didn't seem to be based on some research I have done (which as you all know just makes our problems eve worse).

Thanks,

Joe
JStanz

Re: Dizziness

Postby johnnythejet on February 20th, 2013, 8:38 am

JStanz wrote:Is dizziness a sympton on als?

No.
Furthermore, you need to train your mind to forget about ALS. Your pattern of symptoms already precludes ALS from being a possiblity, so there isn't going to be some new symptom that makes the picture suddenly look like ALS. Doesn't work that way.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby JStanz on February 20th, 2013, 8:53 am

Thanks Johnny, you know it has been 5 years dealing with on and off musle twitching, etc. I am so tired of all this and makes it diffcult to enjoy life. I am sure you know what I mean - trying to get past this aniexty is a challenge for most of us.

Joe
JStanz

Postby johnnythejet on February 20th, 2013, 8:56 am

Sorry to hear you are struggling, Joe. Anxiety is an evil beast, and although I still struggle with anxiety in general, the ALS related fear is long gone for me. Keep working on it and hopefully it will pass soon.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby JStanz on February 20th, 2013, 9:28 am

how did you stop? Would love to hear some advice.
JStanz

Postby johnnythejet on February 20th, 2013, 9:33 am

Well the simple fact is that we don't have ALS. It's not really hard to see that when you look at the facts free of cloudy, irrational thinking. So, once I accepted the facts and became okay with my symptoms it all got better. I would actually miss my twitching if it disappeared tomorrow.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby JStanz on February 20th, 2013, 10:02 am

that makes perfect sense. I cotinue to run and jump stairs, do difficult balance exercies, hand grips, toe/heel walks, etc. and still can't seem to convince myself eveythng is cool.

Thanks again,

Joe
JStanz

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management