High CD8 and Lymphs

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

High CD8 and Lymphs

Postby BFSBurger on February 14th, 2013, 9:45 pm

In following with my theories that BFS is somehow immune system related and / or Viral infection ..

I got my CD8 and CD4 test back today and my CD8 count along with my Lymphs is "HIGH" out of range ... while my Neutrophiles are Low.

There are any number of possible causes for this, but the most common explanations are clearly an overactive immune system, and / or an immune system which is fighting a viral invader. Whether or NOT its a recognized, known virus in the medical community.

This also falls perfectly in line with my experience that taking Immune system boosting supplements made my twitching go haywire. This lead me to believe that if I did not have a viral infection it was fighting, it was at least currently "overactive" on some level, and the solution would be to suppress its activity.

Additionally, this reminds me of the one supplement that has made me feel better during this experience: Quercetin. Which can only be taken in short spurts, but is well known to inhibit inflammatory cytokines (immune system hyperactivity). This obvious sense of relief from the Quercetin lent credence to the theory that my immune system was playing a role in all of this.

My HIV tests as of 3 weeks ago are negative, nearly 1 year after any possible exposure.

I did see one comment that CMV reactivation can cause high CD8 counts, and I did test positive for CMV infection as mentioned previously. Naturally my brilliant doctor told me that had nothing to do with all of this, and "CMV cant reactivate" ... fascinating the lack of education of "professionals" sometimes .

Anyways ... this is a notable test result and it may mean something significant. If anyone has any insight ..

BFSB
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

High CD8 and Lymphs

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics