Anybody recognise / noticed this???

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Anybody recognise / noticed this???

Postby englishdave on February 9th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Hi all.

Firstly, i'd just like to say that this topic is suitable to be read by all, regardless of your present anxiety level!!!

I rarely post a new topic these days but wanted to see if anybody recognised this.

I have noticed that during a BFS "flare", i more often than not suffer from an increased sensation of inflamation and / or joint pain. Not that unusual i hear you all say...

I have also noticed a correlation between a flare and specific symptoms / discomfort in sites of previous injury. For example, i had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago. When i suffer a flare i always get discomfort in the operation area and cramp in the muscle around it. My feet are also affected at the site of a heel injury i sustained 10 years ago. I ruptured my distal bicep tendon 18 months ago and this also becomes a painful site. The same is true of a number of other areas on my body.

Does anybody else observe the same correlation, or if not has anybody heard of anything like this previously? I am aware of course of how arthritic joints can become troublesome due to weather conditions and other factors.

Thank you all.

Dave.
englishdave
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Anybody recognise / noticed this???

Postby BFSBurger on February 9th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Yes absolutely. Something I noticed too. I severely damaged the muscle in my neck 2 years ago. Had pain there for at least a month until I did a couple weeks of Ibuprofen which allowed it to heal. When BFS gets going strong my neck starts to hurt again right there. Same spot. Out of thin air for the first time in 2 years.
I was mentioning this on another thread to Chrissi: BFS seems, when its really flaring up, to re-surface many very custom disorders each person may have had in the past. For me I suddenly had breathing issues (used to get pneumonia and bronchitis badly as a child). My lungs are in general weak, and those have been an issue since BFS. Previous injury locations definitely.

Its all inflammation.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby englishdave on February 9th, 2013, 4:05 pm

Fascinating BFSB.

Any thoughts / theories as to the science behind the correlation???

It really is striking. It wasn't until a month or so ago that i made the link between the 2.
englishdave
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby BFSBurger on February 9th, 2013, 4:20 pm

I'd only be guessing, but my particular injury caused inflammation. I needed an anti inflammatory to heal it, ultimately. So that location on my body (back of neck, right side) was a severe point of inflammatory activity for a long time. Anytime inflammation goes up in my body for any reason, that pain tends to come back. You'd need a scientist to explain this, but Im sure it goes something like this: Inflammatory cytokines saturated those particular tissues during the days/weeks of initial injury. Therefore the cells in those locations are (fill in the blank) [more susceptible to inflammatory cells / less resilient to inflammation / have more inflammatory receptors] therefore inflammation in those locations tends to happen in greater quantities than other tissues never damaged previously. Something like that im sure :)
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby aztwitchy on February 9th, 2013, 9:18 pm

yep i get the same ...the more twitching the more joint soreness. for me the joint soreness comes a little bit after the twitching. I agree with BFSB it all immflamation.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." ~World Health Organization, 1948
aztwitchy
Hero
Hero

Postby BFS-twitcher on February 11th, 2013, 10:14 pm

The biggest correlation I noticed is muscle instability along with joint pain. Whether it be twitching or muscle ratcheting or joint pain. It seems as though BFS has had a major effect on the muscle fibers and joint strength. Joints pop and click with every movement and muscles have a ratcheting effect which shakiness when flexed hard.

I wish I knew what I could do to reverse this effect!
BFS-twitcher

Postby englishdave on February 12th, 2013, 6:37 am

Hey bfst I definitely recognise that... 100%.

But I have definitely noticed a link with bfs and issues at the site of pre-existing injuries.

Dave
englishdave
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management