Scary vibrations

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Scary vibrations

Postby joe2002 on October 28th, 2002, 8:13 am

I've been twitching for over a year now with no signs of weakness. However, last week I started having these deep vibrations in my lower left leg that haven't stopped. They've been consistantly coming in waves throughout the day and ALL throughout the night (it keeps me awake). My question is this: Has anyone out there experienced this (or any twitching) for such a long period of time without any break??? I've learned to cope with my fasciculations, but this latest bout with the buzzing feeling non-stop has frightened me.
Any responses would be greatly appreciatied,
Joe
joe2002

Postby Davidd on October 28th, 2002, 8:59 am

I know it's scary when these symptoms change. Every time I get used to one thing something brand new pops up!

The buzzing sensation seems to be common. I know that I've had it and I've read about others who have also had it.

There are two things going on here.
First, you are worried about the buzzing sensation and what it means.
Second, you are up at night probably due to both the worry and the actual sensation.

From my little experience here, sleep is very important. After a good nights rest (which I have not had since the beginning of July, although I am now up to 5 hours per night) or at least a semi-good nights sleep, these symptoms are easier to handle.

Having said that, you should see a neuro (to also evaluate the symptoms) who may be able to prescribe something to alleviate the symptoms or just get you to sleep. The other option, of course, is to ignore the symptoms..but it's a cycle. First you notive the symptoms, then you cant sleep, then the symptoms are even more noticable and then you can't sleep again. You NEED to sleep!

Good luck and keep us posted.

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Craig on October 29th, 2002, 1:47 pm

Hi Joe:

I have had the exact same thing you are talking about and it primarily comes in my legs and feet. It has also caused me to wake up during the night. My twitching has gone significantly down since my symptoms began, but the vibrating feeling has definitely increased.
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Debbs on November 18th, 2002, 9:53 pm

oops
Last edited by Debbs on November 18th, 2002, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debbs

Postby Debbs on November 18th, 2002, 9:57 pm

I think out of all this bfs stuff, that the scary bits are definately the vibrations, I have been doing sooo well of late, but recently vibrations have started in a new place for me, my right side just under my rib cage toward the sternum :? Anyone else have fast vibration type fasics in that place ?? Its like someone is playing the bongo's in there, Ive had huge jolts in my stomach before but this is different, Ive had some recent anxiety attacks and I wonder if this could even be an aftershock type thing. Thoughts anyone?

Deb
Debbs

Postby Wittesea on November 18th, 2002, 11:23 pm

When I have a panic/anxiety attack I often hyperventilate, and I feel a vibration and or pounding in my chest. My Doc says that it's caused by the hyperventilation, but when my chest feels weird, I always freak out and breathe harder and deeper. I think that I overwork my chest muscles when I breathe hard, and the chest twitches and vibrations are almost like an exercise induced type of twitch, just really fast and weird feeling since the chest muscles don't have a lot of room, the ribs are there.

The fewer panic attacks I have, the fewer chest vibrations I feel, that's why I think it's directly connected.

I hope this helps :-)
-Wittesea
Wittesea
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management